• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus

Chuck

Hi Eppler, as my technical friends in India would say, kindly do the needful... and fire this chump. 

I'm guessing the only reason he passed the written analytical exam to get hired as manager was because he snuck into your office prior to putting his name in the hat for the job and made copies of the answer key.

This guy's bullpen management is atrocious. Harvey at 83 pitches and able to pitch the 7th earlier in the week, now Felix Pena who had less pitches thrown in this contest, only going 5 innings. He did the same thing with Barria the first time we used the opener.

Keeping Garcia out there even though he couldn't find the strikezone, then having Buttrey pitch the 9th when he's already thrown way more pitches than he ever has, when we have another fresh shutdown guy fresh in the open in Robles.. for facks sake.

Another game, another F up by Ausmus.

So Arte or Eppler,

IMG_20190424_225045.jpg

#FireAusmus

58 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Cozart, Bour, Bourjos, Harvey, Stratton, Allen.

”Fire Ausmus”

-AngelsWin

Exactly. This team was hand picked by Eppler. Trust his additions. These guys are going to turn it around. Gotta believe. Angels are winning the division mark it down. 

I'm glad someone said this. I know we all took our shots at Scioscia but at the very least he was consistent. It feels like Ausmus is just flailing his arms out there and this team just feels like those mediocre Detroit teams that he managed a few years ago.

Edited by John Taylor

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

”Fire Ausmus”

-AngelsWin

Why not both? The team is terribly constructed. Ausmus is also a bad manager. He was a bad manager in Detroit and many people saw this coming.

On the bright side, this team is so far away from being competitive that Ausmus will be long gone by the time we finally field a decent team, so we don't have to worry about him screwing things up. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I’m pretty sure there was a thread praising Ausmus’ bullpen usage and how his approach differed from Scioscia’s, and Fletcher came in and said it’s too early and could still have hiccups, and here we are.

Chuck, we've been hacked by the Russians! That's the only explanation I can come up with. 

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

”Fire Ausmus”

-AngelsWin

It's not his usage of those guys that's an issue for me  -- it's how he's misused his better players.  

He's made some real head scratching moves early on.   The season is young and he's still familiarizing himself with the players, particularly the new additions but he's not really showing himself to be anywhere near the tactician MS was which is terrifying considering the majority of AW.com believed MS was a moron. 

Hopefully the job he's doing in the clubhouse is top shelf because that's where it's going to matter the most the way they are playing.

a lot of what you see Ausmus doing is predetermined by the analytics department.  Like limiting the SP for number of times through the order or bringing in certain relievers and pinch hitters in certain situations.  

we are 1-6 in one run games because of our former closer.  

there are some problems with strategy, but this is mostly about poor performance and ultimately, talent.  I haven't watched the last few games but I can tell you what happened.  A couple of guys that aren't very good didn't perform well and they lost a close game because of it.  

if you ask me to hammer in some nails and hand me a spatula to do it, it's gonna take awhile.  Did Alex Cora suddenly become a shitty manager after leading one of the best teams in baseball history last year?  no.  the players aren't performing.  

this is what mediocre teams do.  they go through stretches of being bad because they don't have that much talent and when the talent they do have doesn't perform all that well, they lose a lot of games.  

Pretty much agree with Doc.

Not that I'm a huge Ausmus fan but the team is just crappy. Hard to blame him for that. I tend not to blame managers for individual wins and losses though.

Do we have exactly the right balance of analytical strategy with in-game situational adjustments? Maybe not yet but it's only been a few weeks.

More important is how the players respond to Ausmus and will the clubhouse turn into a cancer ward.