• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst Halos decade

Worst Halos decade?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Halos decade?

• Expansion 1960s
    • So-So 1970s
    • Decent 1980s
    • Nothing 1990s
    • Terrific 2000s
    • Rebuilding 2010s

The 1990s. The only light in the end of that tunnel was late in the decade,when the nucleus of the 2002 team was forming.I was not happy when they hired Mike Scioscia, since he was a Dodger but it turned out to be one of the best moves by the front office.He brought a stability to the team it had never had.The Angels would go through managers like Tdawg through tissues.Love him or hate him he was good for the organization,Scioscia that is not Tdawg, although he might have been too.

I'm going to go with the 90s -- Eater pretty much nailed it with his comment about the 95 team and then those Terry Collins teams were the most disappointing frustrating teams ever...   Dude ran those teams into the ground early every year and September was always a wasteland.    

1994 had to be the low point too.   Finished dead last in a division where NOBODY was over .500   

Edited by Inside Pitch

You guys are not old enough to understand just how bad the 70's Angels were. They were bottom feeders except for 1978 (Lyman Bostock murdered) and 1979 when they finally won the Western division.

Tanana and Ryan and 3 three days of cryin wasn't a joke it was years of futility. In 1974 the two of them pitched 81 games. About as many as Skaggs has pitched in his entire career and about 140 more innings. They ended up in last place.

Ever hear of a guy named Ellie Rodriguez? He caught 140 games that year. But nobody really remembers the guy because the team sucked bad even though he was a pretty decent hitting catcher that year. 

And that was the 70's for the most part. A few journeyman would have a good year but it went unrewarded because of how bad the rest of the supporting cast was. The Angels wasted the talents of the most dominant pitcher in the AL then closed out the decade by pissing him off and letting him walk. 

Fuck the 70's. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You guys are not old enough to understand just how bad the 70's Angels were. They were bottom feeders except for 1978 (Lyman Bostock murdered) and 1979 when they finally won the Western division.

Tanana and Ryan and 3 three days of cryin wasn't a joke it was years of futility. In 1974 the two of them pitched 81 games. About as many as Skaggs has pitched in his entire career and about 140 more innings. They ended up in last place.

Ever hear of a guy named Ellie Rodriguez? He caught 140 games that year. But nobody really remembers the guy because the team sucked bad even though he was a pretty decent hitting catcher that year. 

And that was the 70's for the most part. A few journeyman would have a good year but it went unrewarded because of how bad the rest of the supporting cast was. The Angels wasted the talents of the most dominant pitcher in the AL then closed out the decade by pissing him off and letting him walk. 

F*ck the 70's. 

Chico Ruiz and Alex Johnson.

Lefty Phillips and Dick Walsh.

What a start to the decade. 

Fan since the 60's.  Knew nothing of the Angels till my fathers work associate in Los Angeles sent my brother and I Angel Jackets for Christmas.  For me EVERY decade has been a struggle.  But there was always hope that a better season was soon to happen.  This has kept me going as an Angel Fan.  Trades for Alex Johnson, Bill Singer, Ken McMullen.  Free Agents like Baylor, Grich, Rudi, and later Carew, DeCinces, Boone, and Reggie.  Yeah we haven't won as much as we should.  But I still love this Team.

I have been around since the 60s also. Though there was always  periods of futility and disappointment. To have  arguably the  best baseball player To have played this game  and just  continually trotting out ??teams  I would have to say this decade has been the most disappointing!