• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels 4/21/2019 (Pujols Out)

15 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I don't get the concept of having Robles start and then send Barria in. You basically make Robles unavailable late in the game, mess with Barria's routine, Barria still might only pitch 4 innings (as it seems most of our starters do) so now you sit in the 6th inning already down a reliever? 

Can someone tell me how this makes sense? 

yeah, i was going to post the same thing.

what's the point of doing this? I'm posting this before reading the answers, so I hope there's a good explanation.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Barria gets to skip the heart of the order the first time through, so the third time through the lineup he'll start with the middle, then the back part of the order before facing the top of the order for a third time. It's been shown that pitchers do significantly worse the third time a hitter sees them in the game, and this hopefully lessens that impact and allows Barria to maybe face an extra few batters.

Although Barria didn't look all that great in the 2nd but got out of it luckily.

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, John Taylor said:

Although Barria didn't look all that great in the 2nd but got out of it luckily.

It's more about the 5th/6th/7th inning than the second. That said, theoretically Barria might not have his best stuff in his first inning and facing 4/5/6/7 might've saved a run or two vs his performance against 1/2/3/4... if that makes sense.

14 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Barria gets to skip the heart of the order the first time through, so the third time through the lineup he'll start with the middle, then the back part of the order before facing the top of the order for a third time. It's been shown that pitchers do significantly worse the third time a hitter sees them in the game, and this hopefully lessens that impact and allows Barria to maybe face an extra few batters.

if your explanation was made into a painting, it'd look like this.

Unknown.jpeg