• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mariners seem pretty good

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Read Lookout Landing game threads and that will pass.   

Anytime the other team gets a hit its because Bbip luck...  Anytime the other team makes a great play it's the same - they got lucky.   At the same time everything that doesn't go their way is "bad luck".   Best of all most of them have an irrational hatred of the Angels that is hard to pinpoint.  You'd think it was some rivalry type thing but they don't really consider the Angels their rivals, we are just lucky, and beneath them.  They view their team/franchise as morally/ethically superior and our franchise as particularly stupid.  It's really quite entertaining.

It makes the Angels/Dodgers relationship look downright amicable.

That assessment matches what I've seen as well. They legitimately think the sun rises and sets with Dipoto and Servais, and that the Angels are so stupid and archaic that they lost both of them. They think they have the smartest GM in the business and that they're cutting edge. They started to suspect Dipoto may be butchering their farm (the deed had already been done at that point) until they traded off major league assets for some prospects like Sheffield and Kelenic and now they think farm system are relatively worthless if you can rebuild them in one offseason. 

There's just a difference between thinking and knowing. 

We know Jerry Dipoto's strengths, weaknesses and reputation around the league. We know first hand what happened when Scott Servais was put in charge of our minor league system and acted upon orders from Dipoto. We know what sort of ball team Dipoto builds and how much he spends to put that team together. We know what's going to happen to that organization soon. 

They're headed for a very public, embarrassing and enlightening collapse. Ownership already told him no more spending this past offseason,  and he had no prospects to trade from to supplement the major league team. So he got creative and found another GM equally as arrogant as he is to trade actual prospects in return for Cano and Diaz, he also landed Sheffield for Paxton.

So right now,  Mariner fans are thinking their GM just outsmarted baseball. All he did was delay the inevitable.  There are deep rooted problems.  Dipoto can't build a farm system which stems not only from his philosophy in drafting and international expenditures but also a complete inability to scout. That well is about to run dry and when all those prospects they acquired and are hanging their hopes on don't end up being the stars they're hoping for, it will signal the end.

Their major league roster will be old, they'll have nothing to trade off and Jerry will double down and convince ownership to increase payroll one last time to fund a contender while they rebuild the farm system. So they'll make some splashy moves but it still won't make a difference in the standings. Ownership will refuse to let him spend any more money on the roster again and this time, he won't have anyone willing to take anything he wants to trade away.  The team itself will lose and have no help on the way. But Jerry will first blame his scouting department before that happens.  And then he'll turn on his own manager and fire him. And finally when there's no one else to blame, he'll go to the media, flash a charming smile, speak with anonymity and blame the entire thing on the Mariners ownership.  This will lead to him stepping down, just before the house could collapse in on him. He may even find another job in baseball because of it. 

Give it 3-5 years and I think we will see this all come to pass. The reason why is what we all know, Jerry still thinks he's the smartest man in the room. So even if he wanted to change, he can't avoid the inevitability of the consequences of his philosophies and actions because he thinks he's right. 

The Mariners won't be a playoff team until 2030, and it's because they'll have spent 2015-2025 believing Dipoto. The D-Backs were smart enough to get rid of him after he botched their rebuild as acting GM. The Angels are fortunate he only plagued them for a few years, though the shockwaves of his stupidity are still resonating. I feel bad for Mariner fans because the 2020's will be a golden era for the Angels and an entire era of reckoning for them. 

Edited by Second Base

Just to clarify, i said almost feel bad. Meant it more as a figure of speech.

I hate the mariners. Im glad they suck. Ive had more than a few "debates" when Ive been to that park (which is actually really nice).

So when I say "i almost feel bad", I mean it in the same vein as when you see a terrorist blow himself up with his own vest, doesnt die immediately, and youre like "man, thats a bad way to go". Like, youre glad it happened, but your remaining humanity is like "ouch, that looked painful".

So in summary, I hope dipoto blows himself up like he did our farm. Or even just blows himself like how he blows.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Read Lookout Landing game threads and that will pass.   

Anytime the other team gets a hit its because Bbip luck...  Anytime the other team makes a great play it's the same - they got lucky.   At the same time everything that doesn't go their way is "bad luck".   Best of all most of them have an irrational hatred of the Angels that is hard to pinpoint.  You'd think it was some rivalry type thing but they don't really consider the Angels their rivals, we are just lucky, and beneath them.  They view their team/franchise as morally/ethically superior and our franchise as particularly stupid.  It's really quite entertaining.

It makes the Angels/Dodgers relationship look downright amicable.

You guys aren't reading the right Lookout Landing game threads then lol.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:34 PM, gurn67 said:

I don't know what's more painful to watch. Felix pitching as a shell of his former self, or Albert hitting as a shell of his former self. At least Mariners fans got 7 years of great pitching from the King. Angels fans got 4 months of great hitting from El Hombre.

l guess we'll have to get by with Trout's entire 20+ year career, and throw in 2 way sensation Ohtani for good measure...

16 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just to clarify, i said almost feel bad. Meant it more as a figure of speech.

I hate the mariners. Im glad they suck. Ive had more than a few "debates" when Ive been to that park (which is actually really nice).

So when I say "i almost feel bad", I mean it in the same vein as when you see a terrorist blow himself up with his own vest, doesnt die immediately, and youre like "man, thats a bad way to go". Like, youre glad it happened, but your remaining humanity is like "ouch, that looked painful".

So in summary, I hope dipoto blows himself up like he did our farm. Or even just blows himself like how he blows.

The only appropriate response when it comes to the Mariners is they should all eat a bag of moldy dicks. 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

They have definitely started to get on the team of late but you know everything I've said goes down all the time.  

Eh I've been banned from Lookout Landing for years after massive shit I've thrown at our own players. Typically I've been right but no one liked my negative nancyness even though it was true.

59 minutes ago, Ender said:

Eh I've been banned from Lookout Landing for years after massive shit I've thrown at our own players. Typically I've been right but no one liked my negative nancyness even though it was true.

They seem to drown out people with different perspectives so, I believe it.   They seem to have real issues with people using stuff like "LOL" as it's been deemed below their level of discourse.   They have a very lofty opinion of themselves.

You've done well here..  So, at least there is that.

4 hours ago, eligrba said:

Feel free to slam Mariner players here.

Nah I stick to reddit game threads to do that ... and most of my ire is directed at Mallex Smith and the defense of Domingo Santana (bat is fine).

Oh and Ryon Healy. I Facking hate him.

29 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Ryon Healy for Zack Cozart.....

I’d actually consider proposing Jahmai Jones and Zack Cozart for Mike Leake.

Jones’ lustre has faded and he was a Dipoto draftee. Dipoto tried acquiring Cozart multiple times. Leakes contract is a little heftier than Cozart’s, but they aren’t too far from evening out. Maybe dangle another middling prospect or two and you could clear out Zack get some boring but stable production for the rotation.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’d actually consider proposing Jahmai Jones and Zack Cozart for Mike Leake.

Jones’ lustre has faded and he was a Dipoto draftee. Dipoto tried acquiring Cozart multiple times. Leakes contract is a little heftier than Cozart’s, but they aren’t too far from evening out. Maybe dangle another middling prospect or two and you could clear out Zack get some boring but stable production for the rotation.

In before Cozart hits .314 with 18 homeruns and earns a gold glove with Seattle.