• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Mariners (April Fools Day, 2019)

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Seriously though, it’s a pretty perfect example of the problem with Pujols.  Running is a part of the game.  He cannot run at the level that is required of a professional baseball player.  Imagine being in a playoff game with Albert being on 2nd and not scoring there.  Imagine not scoring in that situation in any game.  He wouldn’t have scored on an even average throw from outfield.   It’s not a workable situation.  He’s literally a handicap for the team. 

Yep.

Hate to say it, but it has to be said. Hes a legend, and maybe 1 percent of all players in history could hit as well as him.

But the past is the past. If he cant run, he cant play.

He'll have some big hits going forward... but plenty more to hurt the team than help it.

My thinking is: Fletcher should be the starting 3B and Cozart 2B. Cozart probably plays more loose at 2B. Fletcher just grinds where ever on the field. Makes no sense to keep putting a guy out there who continues to have bad at bats and rolling over weak. 

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yep.

Hate to say it, but it has to be said. Hes a legend, and maybe 1 percent of all players in history could hit as well as him.

But the past is the past. If he cant run, he cant play.

He'll have some big hits going forward... but plenty more to hurt the team than help it.

Ya there’s absolutely no disrespect meant to him.  But I’m sorry.  It is what it is.  This is a big problem the for team. 

Still not understanding Stratton acquisition. If he were a prospect, it's easy he's a swing starter and depth fodder. Now that he's a major leaguer, I'm not quite sure he's that. Soft fastball with no movement. Great looking curve and change, but trouble commanding them, fastball isn't firm enough to keep them honest. 

Just not sure where the appeal is, where the upside is. 

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Still not understanding Stratton acquisition. If he were a prospect, it's easy he's a swing starter and depth fodder. Now that he's a major leaguer, I'm not quite sure he's that. Soft fastball with no movement. Great looking curve and change, but trouble commanding them, fastball isn't firm enough to keep them honest. 

Just not sure where the appeal is, where the upside is. 

You have failed to read @Jeff Fletcher columns I see. 

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

There's just no way they can realistically stick with this Goodwin/Bourjos disaster in LF with Upton out for half the year.

Honestly, Goodwins history suggests that he’s capable of being serviceable.  For now, im fine with him playing.  Pujols is a bigger problem.  Even with the two doubles, he’s cost them 1 run and if not for a whack throw would have cost them a run at home plate a few innings ago. 

This offense can not afford to give away runs.