• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout project done. Now do you sign Keuchel?

Dtwncbad

Ya, I actually thought about this, I do think it's legit possible. More likely he goes to the Phillies.

We don't know if the Angels Mega Superstar's new contract is a replacement of his last two years, or an extension, and how that affects the luxury tax threshold.

If he was willing to give some dollars up in salary this year and next... maybe.

Trouts deal doesnt make the club better for this year so if it didnt make sense before it doesnt make any more or less now. 
The draft pick i think takes him off the list for us, as well it probably should given the course the club has taken for this year.  I may not fully love what they did but i would say they are committed to it now any late adds make little sense. 

Stay the course. With Trout secured, the goal is to obviously have a perennial contender for the next decade. Keuchel isn't good enough to really move the needle IMO. Keep the books clean for now, see what you have with some of these young guys who will be coming up from the farm this year and next, and go from there

I believe we'll see Arte and Eppler be aggressive this upcoming offseason fwiw. I could see them going hard after Gerrit Cole to pair him with Ohtani at the front of their 2020 rotation

12 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Ya, I actually thought about this, I do think it's legit possible. More likely he goes to the Phillies.

We don't know if the Angels Mega Superstar's new contract is a replacement of his last two years, or an extension, and how that affects the luxury tax threshold.

If he was willing to give some dollars up in salary this year and next... maybe.

7 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Stay the course. With Trout secured, the goal is to obviously have a perennial contender for the next decade. Keuchel isn't good enough to really move the needle IMO. Keep the books clean for now, see what you have with some of these young guys who will be coming up from the farm this year and next, and go from there

I believe we'll see Arte and Eppler be aggressive this upcoming offseason fwiw. I could see them going hard after Gerrit Cole to pair him with Ohtani at the front of their 2020 rotation

It’s actually a 10 year $360 million contract tacked on to his existing two years. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well there is speculation they will alter the first two years of the deal, so who knows, maybe it is to bring in another player.  

Not necessarily Keuchel though....they may want some room at the trading deadline, which is more important now than ever, with the new rule....plus, they may want some space for next offseason too....

For the record my question is about paying Keuchel the proper amount and not handing out a stupid contract.

He clearly wasnt worth what he (or his agent) thought he was worth.

He is a durable reliable starter.  Durable and reliable is pretty attractive when you look at this staff.

So the question is do the Angels get more seriously engaged in trying to land him at the right price.

49 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Keuchel would be a horrible signing. He’s a 3 now, and will probably be a 4 or worse within two years. He’s got disaster written all over him. He’d probably be a solid one year signing, but that isn’t happening. 

I don't know how you can say this.

He would be the Angels #1 starter, their "horse" 200 inning guy with a very respectable era.

He may not be a Cy Young type anymore but he would be far and away the rock of the rotation here.

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don't know how you can say this.

He would be the Angels #1 starter, their "horse" 200 inning guy with a very respectable era.

He may not be a Cy Young type anymore but he would be far and away the rock of the rotation here.

His peripherals aren't good and are getting worse. He's got an imminent collapse coming in the near future - why do you think no one is offering a long term deal? Because they see it also. One year, sure, 20mil is probably solid. More than that, I fold.

2 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

His peripherals aren't good and are getting worse. He's got an imminent collapse coming in the near future - why do you think no one is offering a long term deal? Because they see it also. One year, sure, 20mil is probably solid. More than that, I fold.

So don't give him 6 years/$150m?  OK dodged a bullet there.  Thanks.