• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout project done. Now do you sign Keuchel?

Dtwncbad

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Didn't Fletcher mention that you lose the next year's draft picks?

correct 

On April 22, 2019 at 10:33 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

You just lose a pick in the 2020 draft if the 2019 draft has already happened. 

On April 22, 2019 at 10:40 AM, Dtwncbad said:

Are you sure about that?  I thought after the draft there would be no loss of a pick.

On April 22, 2019 at 10:44 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

They changed it two years ago. 

I think I was wrong about this. I just re-read it. I think in an earlier section than the one I was reading it specified that it has to be the next draft after the player becomes a FA. And then after that all the language just says “next draft,” which is where I was confused. 

I am double checking with someone who knows better than me, but it looks like the draft pick comp may in fact disappear when the draft starts. 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:08 AM, zenmaster said:

The year is 2022 and Dallas Keuchel just tweeted "Still holding out for the right offer. I know what I bring to the table!"

wait, did you . . . nah, not possible . . . but . . . still . . . did you find . . . one of the infinity stones????

Keuchel’s market will change for the better after the draft, if he waits that long to sign....teams just don’t want to give up that draft pick...he won’t get what he wants but he might get a multi year deal, pro rated for 2019....