• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout project done. Now do you sign Keuchel?

Dtwncbad

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

don't think his market has opened up any more than before.  He's gonna have to take a 3 year deal.  

How do you figure ... the FA class of 2019 for starting pitchers is starting to thin out. It only makes sense that works in Keuchel ‘s favor imo.

Supply and Demand 

If it was simply supply and demand he’d be signed by now.  Could he get a four year deal for $40-44 million?  Probably.   Could he get a little bit higher money deal over four years if he signs after the draft, probably.  Dude definitely over played his hand and I am sure he regrets past decisions.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If it was simply supply and demand he’d be signed by now.  Could he get a four year deal for $40-44 million?  Probably.   Could he get a little bit higher money deal over four years if he signs after the draft, probably.  Dude definitely over played his hand and I am sure he regrets past decisions.  

Hand isn’t over yet ... I’m thinking 3 or 4 years around $15M AAV. 

57 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

How do you figure ... the FA class of 2019 for starting pitchers is starting to thin out. It only makes sense that works in Keuchel ‘s favor imo.

Supply and Demand 

Supply and demand is a today thing -- not next year thing.  The demand for his services (at whatever he wants), has been nil.    There simply aren't enough suitors currently.    Maybe once the season starts, ineffectiveness or injuries to a pitcher or two may spike that demand but it just hasn't happened yet.   

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Supply and demand is a today thing -- not next year thing.  The demand for his services (at whatever he wants), has been nil.    There simply aren't enough suitors currently.    Maybe once the season starts, ineffectiveness or injuries to a pitcher or two may spike that demand but it just hasn't happened yet.   

and on top of that, the biggest concern with Keuchel is his age and decline curve.  Which means he's never going to be more valuable and by not suiting up, he's wasting a huge chunk of his current value.  

Keuchel isn't a guy you stretch for.  (I wouldn't have put Corbin in that category either btw.)  

Most (all) of those 3+ deals for 30+ yo pitchers were huge mistakes.   Teams just aren't making those mistakes anymore.  

On 3/20/2019 at 2:05 PM, Dochalo said:

they can't approach free agents like it's 2 am and the bar is about to close.  

You may end up with a bunch of joe blantons that way, but its still better than having your position players pitch because you dont have any arms.

Sorry. I was a Marine. 

On 3/24/2019 at 9:17 AM, Inside Pitch said:

I like the way you think ... lol

Kuechel might be in a bettter spot right now. He could sign a one year deal and be one of the top dogs in next year FA class. Next year top FA pitchers are dropping like flies. 

3 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

I like the way you think ... lol

Kuechel might be in a bettter spot right now. He could sign a one year deal and be one of the top dogs in next year FA class. Next year top FA pitchers are dropping like flies. 

he was one of the top dogs in this year's FA class. plus, he'll be another year older