• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels have contacted MLB regarding Bryce Harper’s recruitment of Mike Trout, a possible violation of tampering rules ​​​​​​​

Chuck

On 3/6/2019 at 6:25 PM, JarsOfClay said:

I think Harper is doing this because he knows that Philly fans wanted Trout instead of him and he's trying to temper their fear/anger that they may not be able to afford Trout now.

I get why he's doing it, but it's still an ahole thing to do.

^^^^^^100%^^^^^^^^

7 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

Angels shouldn't vilify Harper over wanting Trout on his team, honestly who wouldn't?  I know I'll get beef for this angle, but seriously it makes the Angels / Eppler look scared, counter act it and provide Trout a winning team instead, now they have to continue the beef and stick it to Harper about how we have Ohtani.   Angels FO should have remained silent but now it's too late, the cats out of the bag.

The Angels notified MLB because what Harper did was against the rules.  You can have a problem with the rules that is fine, but the Angels did the right thing, they simply asked the Phillies to no longer engage in tampering.  We are all aware that there is nothing the Angels or any of us can do if Trout and Harper call and text each other.  It is entirely different to openly recruit a player in the media.  

1 hour ago, Throwman91 said:

I know, but he didn't outright ask Trout to come to Philly to the media he said he would like him on the team, I don't agree with him going public and all but I respect his right to say what he wants. 

Except he doesn’t really have that right according to his employer.  

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

The Angels notified MLB because what Harper did was against the rules.  You can have a problem with the rules that is fine, but the Angels did the right thing, they simply asked the Phillies to no longer engage in tampering.  We are all aware that there is nothing the Angels or any of us can do if Trout and Harper call and text each other.  It is entirely different to openly recruit a player in the media.  

Fine incoming to Magic Johnson from MLB in t-minus 3, 2, 1... 

Why? Hell if I know.

Anyone else catch MLB Network radio's analysis of the Angels, as part of their 30 clubs in 30 days programming? Specifically, the talk with Eppler?

I did. At the very end (at least that's where it was, after editing) they broached the subject of re-signing Trout. Epps gave the company line BUT the way he worded it was something similar to "I'm not going to comment on negotiations we have had, OR HAVE NOT HAD, with re-signing Trout" (capitalized emphasis by me).

In other words, I'm not going to answer questions about whether Trout's camp is stonewalling us on negotiations, either.

50 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Anyone else catch MLB Network radio's analysis of the Angels, as part of their 30 clubs in 30 days programming? Specifically, the talk with Eppler?

I did. At the very end (at least that's where it was, after editing) they broached the subject of re-signing Trout. Epps gave the company line BUT the way he worded it was something similar to "I'm not going to comment on negotiations we have had, OR HAVE NOT HAD, with re-signing Trout" (capitalized emphasis by me).

In other words, I'm not going to answer questions about whether Trout's camp is stonewalling us on negotiations, either.

I think the needle is pointing towards free agency. It would be a pleasant surprise if he signs a extension imo. I still think the Angels have a great shot at signing him in free agency. 

I agree give Trout his 400 million, the longer it goes the more it'll start to look like the John Tavares scenario.

MLB needs to change the rules so that "Superstar Tier players" return alot more draft picks if they leave as a FA. Like the 1st, 2nd, 3rd from the team that signs him in addition to compensation picks in the form of a 1st(fixed at #10 pick), a 2nd rounder, & 3rd rounder. This also makes it easier for teams to get more in a trade return as the offer would have to be greater than getting two 1sts, two 2nds & two 3rds.

The NHL & NBA should also do this for when Superstar level players leave as a FA.

4 hours ago, Pujols4MVP said:

I agree give Trout his 400 million, the longer it goes the more it'll start to look like the John Tavares scenario.

MLB needs to change the rules so that "Superstar Tier players" return alot more draft picks if they leave as a FA. Like the 1st, 2nd, 3rd from the team that signs him in addition to compensation picks in the form of a 1st(fixed at #10 pick), a 2nd rounder, & 3rd rounder. This also makes it easier for teams to get more in a trade return as the offer would have to be greater than getting two 1sts, two 2nds & two 3rds.

The NHL & NBA should also do this for when Superstar level players leave as a FA.

that's absolutely crazy and will never happen 

• 2 weeks later...