• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels have contacted MLB regarding Bryce Harper’s recruitment of Mike Trout, a possible violation of tampering rules ​​​​​​​

Chuck

18 minutes ago, Bronson said:

The Angels will be just as good as the Phillies in 2020. Literally the only reason for him to go there is if he truly wants to just play for his childhood team. That’s literally the only reason. It’s not to play with douchebag Harper. If Harper was still with the Nats Trout wouldn’t go there just to play with Harper.

Im curious, based on what? 
They project better than we do now and still have a better rated farm coming up.  
On what basis do you think we will be better in a year?

That rule wouldn't hold up in a court of law, I suspect, at least with respect to any member of an organization who does not have direct control over the means to offer a competing player a contract. It would be an infringement on the right of free speech which, last time I checked, was contained in a document that has precedent over MLB bylaws. 

There is more than one rule in baseball that wouldn't stand up to legal scrutiny. Such is the nature of an anti-trust exemption.

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

Im curious, based on what? 
They project better than we do now and still have a better rated farm coming up.  
On what basis do you think we will be better in a year?

I don’t take projections seriously. I feel on paper right now we are better. I think people are undervaluing the Angels right now. The Phillies made a big splash this offseason and that always makes your projected wins total go up. Remember how everyone had the Angels winning the division in 2013? We saw how that turned out. I just don’t think the Phillies are as good as people are leading on.

Now to the farm systems. Yeah theirs is better. I just think in 2020 with a fully healthy Ohtani and a bunch of our prospects major league ready, I feel we will be a better team then the Phils. Could be wrong but that’s how I feel.

19 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I don’t take projections seriously. I feel on paper right now we are better. I think people are undervaluing the Angels right now. The Phillies made a big splash this offseason and that always makes your projected wins total go up. Remember how everyone had the Angels winning the division in 2013? We saw how that turned out. I just don’t think the Phillies are as good as people are leading on.

Now to the farm systems. Yeah theirs is better. I just think in 2020 with a fully healthy Ohtani and a bunch of our prospects major league ready, I feel we will be a better team then the Phils. Could be wrong but that’s how I feel.

Very well, thanks for the answer. 

It is now reported that the players and the union are really upset with the heavy-handed position of ownership over players openly discussing recruiting other players.

They feel like as players they should be exempt from such rules because their expressed opinion about who they want to play with should not be considered tampering.

They are going to insist on a new "Labor Exempt Bargaining/Recruitment Open Negotiation" clause in the next CBA.

That's a mouthful so they have already shortened it with an acronym to "The LEBRON clause."

3 hours ago, Bronson said:

Now to the farm systems. Yeah theirs is better. 

Are you basing this on past reputation or something else?

Baseball America, Fangraphs, Baseball Prospectus, even Keith Law at ESPN, all have the Angels system ahead of the Phillies in their pre-season rankings and that was before they moved Sixto in the Realmuto trade.   A lot of their much ballyhood guys in recent years have come up and sort of fizzled or been moved off ala Alfaro and JP Crawford.

Phillies have Bohm and Luis Garcia as position players -- maybe Adam Haseley is more than a 4th OFer but as a whole their system has taken a hit.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Are you basing this on past reputation or something else?

Baseball America, Fangraphs, Baseball Prospectus, even Keith Law at ESPN, all have the Angels system ahead of the Phillies in their pre-season rankings and that was before they moved Sixto in the Realmuto trade.   A lot of their much ballyhood guys in recent years have come up and sort of fizzled or be moved off ala Alfaro and JP Crawford.

Phillies have Bohm and Luis Garcia as position players -- maybe Adam Haseley is more than a 4th OFer but as a whole their system has taken a hit.  

@floplag you should read this.   

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

It is now reported that the players and the union are really upset with the heavy-handed position of ownership over players openly discussing recruiting other players.

They feel like as players they should be exempt from such rules because their expressed opinion about who they want to play with should not be considered tampering.

They are going to insist on a new "Labor Exempt Bargaining/Recruitment Open Negotiation" clause in the next CBA.

That's a mouthful so they have already shortened it with an acronym to "The LEBRON clause."

that's a long way to go for a joke, but glad you finally got there. 

39 minutes ago, floplag said:

I saw this coming a mile away... funny how everything that supports your view is reliable and everything else is just garbage.  

Ok, I will play, where did I call it garbage?  Also, it isn’t one source, it is 4 reputable sources.  One of those sources actually called us the worst farm system of all time 4 years ago.  Once again, these projections that had us better had us better before they traded one of their best prospects.  I literally only posted this because you posted the opposite in this thread.  Notice how he didn’t include an absolute garbage site like Bleacher Report?  So continue to shit on the farm or prop up other farms because it continues your narrative, which is basically what you accuse me of.  

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm looking for Strads post where he trashed Philly's farm system. Maybe you can't point me to it?

Good luck.  Unlike some others, I don’t make a lot of silly comments about things I don’t know anything about.  I am curious why Flop chose not to look at the four sources that graded the Angels farm as better before he posted the Phils had the better farm.  

2 hours ago, floplag said:

I saw this coming a mile away... funny how everything that supports your view is reliable and everything else is just garbage.  

What scouting or analytics source supports your opinion?   Would you mind listing them?

I'd love to see who could possibly view that system more favorably after graduating the guys they have and their current lack of depth position player wise...

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok, I will play, where did I call it garbage?  Also, it isn’t one source, it is 4 reputable sources.  One of those sources actually called us the worst farm system of all time 4 years ago.  Once again, these projections that had us better had us better before they traded one of their best prospects.  I literally only posted this because you posted the opposite in this thread.  Notice how he didn’t include an absolute garbage site like Bleacher Report?  So continue to shit on the farm or prop up other farms because it continues your narrative, which is basically what you accuse me of.  

I could have listed several other sites but chose to stick to the most mainstream/accessible sources.   

Surely these sources ranking them ahead of the Angels exist and he can list them.  If he can't .... then yeah, it's more of the same baseless "garbage", built on "his own council".

If history is any indication the Artful Dodger will say it's not worth listing them because they would simply be dismissed because "cool kids" and popularity contests....  Get ready for radio silence, "whatevers" and gibberish about it all being "moot".... 

You know, the usual.

Edited by Inside Pitch

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I suggest you re-take your 8th grade civics class if you think the constitution says that. 

Free speech means you can’t go to jail because of what you say (subject to other limitations). It doesn’t mean you can’t get fined or fired or demoted or anything else at work. 

i suguest u retake yur 69th great civiqs class if u think teh prostitution sez he dont haz teh rites 2 reed tha ten Bills of rites an terpret theem lik he durn wheel wans 2.

...Not sure why I did this when it legitimately caused my brain physical harm and gave me a headache in the process. 

Carry on.