• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels have contacted MLB regarding Bryce Harper’s recruitment of Mike Trout, a possible violation of tampering rules ​​​​​​​

Chuck

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

He could of done that with a phone call to Matt Klentak. There’s a good chance MLB would of handled the situation on their own without Eppler contacting them. 

and then league investigates and finds out that Eppler didn't go through the proper channels.  this isn't some sort of playground thing.  there are rules.  Eppler is following them.    

What is Eppler accomplishing here? He's not going to stop the media from speculating. He's not going to stop Harper from privately lobbying Trout. He's not going to get the Angels any kind of real compensation. All he does is make the Angels look like they are in an insecure place with Trout and make the Angels look whiny to the rest of MLB. It certainly doesn't project strength and confidence. It's like the freaking Pelicans with Lebron and the Lakers. And a generally great rule for life is don't be the Pelicans.

Either the Angels are going to sign him or they aren't, but certainly complaining to MLB about Bryce Harper isn't going to change anything about it for the positive.

Seriously, I'm thinking "keep it coming!"

Mike Trout was already annoyed by the "come to Philly" comments this past offseason, and now with Harper signing there and recruiting him, it will send the phans into overdrive in their annoyance.  Mike Trout won't even be able to leave his ranch without being annoyed by this crap.  As someone that avoids the spotlight at all costs, this is going to wear Trout out.  He will want to sign an extension sooner rather than later jsut to get the entire world off his back. 

So yeah, keep the comments coming. Keep the articles coming.  Keep exciting the phans for nothing at all.

Every time you do, it bring Trout closer and closer to signing an extension with the Angels just so that he can distance himself from that crap for 6 months out of the year. 

1 hour ago, WeaverFever said:

Don’t fans do this everyday? All Harper said was if it gets to 2020 he will be trying to convince Mike to be teammates. I have no problem with it. If that sways Mike Trout away, that is on the Angels. 

Of course we do. We play fantasy versions of sports and post our Sick Lineups on a regular basis. It’s fun for us as fans. We are also not contractually obligated to follow MLB’s anti-tampering rules.

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Of course we do. We play fantasy versions of sports and post our Sick Lineups on a regular basis. It’s fun for us as fans. We are also not contractually obligated to follow MLB’s anti-tampering rules.

nobody is saying fans can't do it.  players have rules set by MLB that they have to follow. 

This a huge nothing burger.  The Angels have their chance to keep Trout right now.  If he goes to FA who gives a shit what Bryce Harper says about Mike Trout in March 2019.  He’ll get his slap on wrist.  Fine.  The rules are the rules.  If the Angels don’t get this done it has nothing to do with Bryce Harper. 

12 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If Arte doesn't get it done, is that proof that he is totally done giving out big contracts?

I mean unless he absurdly low balls him or waits until the last minute to try and work with him I don’t think it means that. 

I don’t buy the they can’t trade him stuff tho.  They need to be talking to him right now.  And if he shrugs them off with “I don’t want to talk right now” bullshit then they have understand that he probably doesn’t want to sign.  No, they won’t get fair value.  But a bunch of blue chip prospects isn’t nothing and they have to get that. 

When someone is trying to give you 400 million plus guaranteed.  Unless you’re dead set on not working with that party.  You will listen and most likely take it.  The market is set. This isn’t complicated. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

“Everybody can say whatever they want,” said Tyler Skaggs. “I know it could be considered tampering. I’m a Laker fan, so I know all about tampering. Ultimately it’s Mike Trout’s decision. Everybody can say what they want. I don’t think any one person is going to sway Mike. It’s all up to him, what he personally wants to do.”

Gold.

From Jeff's article...

31 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If Arte doesn't get it done, is that proof that he is totally done giving out big contracts?

No.

i think this winter has been more about the fit for the money involved. They bid on the big FA pitchers, and I think that’s where they’re going to bid next winter.

21 minutes ago, Tyler said:

“Everybody can say whatever they want,” said Tyler Skaggs. “I know it could be considered tampering. I’m a Laker fan, so I know all about tampering. Ultimately it’s Mike Trout’s decision. Everybody can say what they want. I don’t think any one person is going to sway Mike. It’s all up to him, what he personally wants to do.”

Gold.

From Jeff's article...

I bet Richards knows where he’s leaning. The media should go hound him on it. ?