• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels have contacted MLB regarding Bryce Harper’s recruitment of Mike Trout, a possible violation of tampering rules ​​​​​​​

Chuck

50 minutes ago, summit21 said:

According to reports Harper and Trout texted throughout Harper's negotiations. MLB can stop the "in the media lobbying" but can't do much about the personal texts between them. The front office needs to step up and make a solid offer to Trout prior to the season to see where he and his camp are at.

Wow thanks for the hot take.. definitely never been said before.

9 hours ago, Second Base said:

Bryce is going to feel really stupid in 2021 when his team is still sitting at .500 because they have nothing in the way of a minor league system, while the Nats regain control of the division led by Harper's replacement Victor Robles, and the Angels are coming off a World Series win and Mike Trout re-ups with the Angels and all the Philly fans turn in him (Harper) because he got fined and hasn't lured jack-squat to come play in Philadelphia. 

No one will sign with the Phillies because of Bryce Harper. They will sign with the Phillies if they offer the most money, like pretty much every other team. 

You lost me right there.

But you get points for your unbounded optimism.

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This actually worries me - because it implies that Eppler is not confident in Trout staying. I was hoping that he and Trout had a handshake deal and were only working out the details, but now I'm not so sure.

Exactly. If Eppler had said, "MIke's an Angel and we're not worried about him being recruited to another team" I think that would have been a stronger message.

Who cares about Harper's tampering? What a joke.

Let's be real for a second. The tampering rule is BS. 

I applaud Harper for being vocal about wanting the best talent to come to his team. I wish more players were like that. If Harper does get his wish and convinces Trout to come to Philly in 2021 then the joke is on the Angels for not doing enough to make him stay. If this is the case then maybe Trout should have been vocal about Harper coming this way.

We can bag on Harper all we want but he's just a fired up baseball player that wants to bring major talent to HIS TEAM. He took a lower AAV for this to happen. Sorry but if MLB or even the Angels call boohoo on this then obviously they are worried about it actually happening. 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Personally have no issues with how Eppler handled this.  He's got a bit of a fluffy bunny thing going on in the sense that comes off as likable and seems pretty harmless anytime you hear him speak so, this was out of the norm for him.  It's nice to see him basically say -- "Okay, STFU" and leave it at that.

This isn't on the Angels -- this is on Bryce Harper and his need to bring attention to himself.  Jon Heyman being the gossip columnist he's become is already running with it..  

If I had a Twitter account I'd retweet with, Jon Heyman's wife is close with the neighbors. Is that revelatory she is leaving him in two years? 

43 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This actually worries me - because it implies that Eppler is not confident in Trout staying. I was hoping that he and Trout had a handshake deal and were only working out the details, but now I'm not so sure.

I don't think it implies that at all. Probably wouldn't look good among his peers(other GM's) if Eppler didn't do anything.

2 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Eppler would of been better off talking to Matt Klentak (ex-Angel) instead of airing this grievanc to the whole world ... unless he’s trying to purposely go after Harper which could rub ML players the wrong way including Trout. 

per the CBA, there are specific ways various issues are to be handled.  Eppler is going through the proper channels.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

agree.  he'll get a slap on the wrist at best but the goal is to get him to shut his mouth about it for the next two years.  

He could of done that with a phone call to Matt Klentak. There’s a good chance MLB would of handled the situation on their own without Eppler contacting them.