• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When does Eppler get an extension?

At this pace as it stands this team is somewhere in the range of 3-5 years away from legitimately competing again. I know that’s not going to be a popular opinion around here but I don’t see how it can be any sooner.

We have black holes at 2nd and 3rd with nothing brewing in the pipelines to change that any sooner. Our rotation is a mess that’s consists of 5 mid - back end starters. Adell and Marsh are best case scenario 2 years away from making some impact. 

If an extremely slow, low key rebuild was what Eppler sold Arte on. Then I guess he’s doing a good job and a 3 year extension to see it through sounds about right. 

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

He's got an option for 2020.  

Do they wait until after 2019?  

I think he's worthy of another 3 years right now.  

Thoughts?  

I think we're going in the right direction, but it's been slow-going and the name of the game is to get into the playoffs. However, I think 3 years is fair considering Pujols is not under his watch. 

Eppler has created a lot of positive change throughout the organization and I really like his overall approach. 

That said, the results are not there. I understand there are plenty of mitigating factors, but the bottom line is the bottom line.

I don't extend him yet. Wait and see...

Eppler is very intriguing as a GM.  He has Stoneman traits as far as building an organization, but is willing to pull the trigger when necessary.

I think he'll sign an extension near the end of the 2020 season.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

He will get an extension the week before or the week after Trout gets his extension.  Is there any other GM you’d rather have trying to sell Mike on the idea of staying here?  

LOL

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

He will get an extension the week before or the week after Trout gets his extension.  Is there any other GM you’d rather have trying to sell Mike on the idea of staying here?  

Alright Strad I’ll play. Why is it that you wouldn’t want any other GM doing the negotiating with Trout? Is it because he was able to land Ohtani?

Eppler has yet to post a winning record at the major league level. Knowing that Mike wants to win, what’s Eppler pitch? He can’t keep telling Mike that he’s building a winner and every year the Angels come out and finish below .500.

The Angels farm isn’t the gold mine some on here make it out to be and Eppler seems content on taking the wait and see approach with the farm. 

Like I said above, it very well could be 3-5 (best case scenario) before this team starts competing. IF (no one really knows) winning is that important to Trout, it’s going to be a tough sell in my opinion. 

12 hours ago, Dochalo said:

He's got an option for 2020.  

Do they wait until after 2019?  

I think he's worthy of another 3 years right now.  

Thoughts?  

Doc,

I think 3-5 years summer of 2019. Depending on where we are at in the Trout negotiations. If he has to move Trout then I think it may be less and options dependent on returned assets.

8 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

At this pace as it stands this team is somewhere in the range of 3-5 years away from legitimately competing again. I know that’s not going to be a popular opinion around here but I don’t see how it can be any sooner.

We have black holes at 2nd and 3rd with nothing brewing in the pipelines to change that any sooner. Our rotation is a mess that’s consists of 5 mid - back end starters. Adell and Marsh are best case scenario 2 years away from making some impact. 

If an extremely slow, low key rebuild was what Eppler sold Arte on. Then I guess he’s doing a good job and a 3 year extension to see it through sounds about right. 

Tut tut looks like rain. Better stay inside then. 

Ill love it when the Angels win 95+ this year and make all of you sad negative fans happy for a few minutes.

Ward / Fletcher / Rengifo /Jones are all solid if not spectacular now and will all be contributors in 2019 or 2020 at the “black hole” positions of 2nd and 3rd.

Adell will debut in 2019, may not have an impact until 2020.

Marsh probably debuts in 2020 or 2021.

11 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Tut tut looks like rain. Better stay inside then. 

Ill love it when the Angels win 95+ this year and make all of you sad negative fans happy for a few minutes.

Ward / Fletcher / Rengifo /Jones are all solid if not spectacular now and will all be contributors in 2019 or 2020 at the “black hole” positions of 2nd and 3rd.

Adell will debut in 2019, may not have an impact until 2020.

Marsh probably debuts in 2020 or 2021.

5460C90D-7CA2-40AF-BB07-C49D0F6C20B6.gif.3948949ed20894545120ea6914e2d5f9.gif