• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When does Eppler get an extension?

39 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Tut tut looks like rain. Better stay inside then. 

Ill love it when the Angels win 95+ this year and make all of you sad negative fans happy for a few minutes.

Ward / Fletcher / Rengifo /Jones are all solid if not spectacular now and will all be contributors in 2019 or 2020 at the “black hole” positions of 2nd and 3rd.

Adell will debut in 2019, may not have an impact until 2020.

Marsh probably debuts in 2020 or 2021.

So 95 wins for the Angels and every service is predicting 95+ wins for the Astros. The A's are probably no more than 10 games worse than last year, so that's 87 wins.

For this to happen, there would likely have to be two teams with around 100 losses in the AL West. Just not likely. The Rangers have improved, too. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, CanadianHalo said:

Alright Strad I’ll play. Why is it that you wouldn’t want any other GM doing the negotiating with Trout? Is it because he was able to land Ohtani?

Eppler has yet to post a winning record at the major league level. Knowing that Mike wants to win, what’s Eppler pitch? He can’t keep telling Mike that he’s building a winner and every year the Angels come out and finish below .500.

The Angels farm isn’t the gold mine some on here make it out to be and Eppler seems content on taking the wait and see approach with the farm. 

Like I said above, it very well could be 3-5 (best case scenario) before this team starts competing. IF (no one really knows) winning is that important to Trout, it’s going to be a tough sell in my opinion. 

Yes, because I think that Trout was onboard with the direction of the team the entire time.  I do not mean this as a slight on you, but logically the only reason they would take this approach would be with Trout’s blessing.  If I am going to take my team of guys in a certain direction I am going to get their input and somewhat their blessing.  It’s leadership.  Eppler is a humble leader who collaborates.  He has control of this team, and he should be trusted.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes, because I think that Trout was onboard with the direction of the team the entire time.  I do not mean this as a slight on you, but logically the only reason they would take this approach would be with Trout’s blessing.  If I am going to take my team of guys in a certain direction I am going to get their input and somewhat their blessing.  It’s leadership.  Eppler is a humble leader who collaborates.  He has control of this team, and he should be trusted.  

Yeah now that the extension is done we can look back and say Trout must’ve been onboard. I also think it’s a good sign that management and Arte have assured Trout they’re going to do their best to be competitive again sooner than later. 

All in all a good sign all around for us fans

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yeah now that the extension is done we can look back and say Trout must’ve been onboard. I also think it’s a good sign that management and Arte have assured Trout they’re going to do their best to be competitive again sooner than later. 

it's not post hoc for many of us who have been saying such things all along.  

10 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yep, I’d agree with you if I hadn’t been using that logic the entire time.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

and Billy Eppler really does deserve an extension.  In fact, they should also elevate his title to SVP of baseball ops.  

On the one hand, he hasnt "built a winner" yet.

On the other, the freakin train wreck he inherited was a lose lose almost...and in 4 years give or take, he has completely turned it around.

He has absolutely earned an extension. Looking forward to seeing what he does with a farm and a more balanced payroll..

Cant wait for about 2 years from now when this team takes off again, and everything all the doubters get shut down

On 3/1/2019 at 1:44 PM, Hubs said:

Tut tut looks like rain. Better stay inside then. 

Ill love it when the Angels win 95+ this year and make all of you sad negative fans happy for a few minutes.

Ward / Fletcher / Rengifo /Jones are all solid if not spectacular now and will all be contributors in 2019 or 2020 at the “black hole” positions of 2nd and 3rd.

Adell will debut in 2019, may not have an impact until 2020.

Marsh probably debuts in 2020 or 2021.

LOLOLOOLOL, we aren't negative... we are realist. If you really think this team is a 95+ win team you are not living in reality.

18 minutes ago, ValbuenaBatFlip said:

LOLOLOOLOL, we aren't negative... we are realist. If you really think this team is a 95+ win team you are not living in reality.

I see our resident M's fan troll is back. 

17 minutes ago, ValbuenaBatFlip said:

One can choose to be optimistic and hope for the best, or live their life in a negative haze, being mad at the slightest aggravation. Which is a better way to live?

It was a response to, btw, Canadian Halo's post. Which sounded as if Eeyore had come to life and was posting as an Angels fan/hater/complainer..

On 3/1/2019 at 2:30 PM, WeatherWonk said:

So 95 wins for the Angels and every service is predicting 95+ wins for the Astros. The A's are probably no more than 10 games worse than last year, so that's 87 wins.

For this to happen, there would likely have to be two teams with around 100 losses in the AL West. Just not likely. The Rangers have improved, too. 

Last I checked, the AL East last year, was 108 wins for the Red Sox, 100 for the Yanks, and 90 for the Rays. Jays won 73 and yes the Orioles had a 100+ losses.

Drop the top two teams by 13 and 5, drop the Rays by 4, Add those wins to what the O's had.

95 Wins for the top two teams (Angels and Astros), Oakland at 86, Mariners and Rangers in the low to mid 70's.

I actually think the Astros are going to be around 91-92, though, as opposed to winning the division by 25. I don't really like what they added offensively, and they lost a whole lot of pitching.