• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Angels Spring Training News & Gameday Thread

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Man, if Bour can maintain anything close to this during the season...

He's always shown the ability to draw a walk and hit a ton of HR's. We just need him to stay healthy. 

Maybe when Ohtani is back and Pujols and Bour are in a full time 1B platoon it will help him stay off the IR this season. 

I've always wondered if Bour got 500 at bats if he could hit 35-40+ HR and post a solid OPS. 

He battled injuries last year, but in 2017 in just 377 at bats he hit 25 HR and slashed .289/.366/.536 playing half of his games in a pitchers ballpark in Miami. 

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I was really impressed with Jonathan Lucroy in the interview with Victor Rojas and Gubi. 

Same - if he could get to a .260/.320/.380/.700 with a good CS% while handling the pitchers I'd be thrilled. 

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I know it's not going to happen, but I'd much rather have utility INF Jose Rojas on the roster over Tommy La Stella. Good power, can play 3B, 2B, 1B. 

It's not worth burning a spot on the 40 quite yet without a need, but he has surely played himself into the MLB depth charts. He's becoming one of my favorite prospects.
Cozart hasn't looked bad this spring. Wish the board would chill the eff out on him and see where we're at come midseason. He might be alright still. 

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's always shown the ability to draw a walk and hit a ton of HR's. We just need him to stay healthy. 

Maybe when Ohtani is back and Pujols and Bour are in a full time 1B platoon it will help him stay off the IR this season. 

I've always wondered if Bour got 500 at bats if he could hit 35-40+ HR and post a solid OPS. 

He battled injuries last year, but in 2017 in just 377 at bats he hit 25 HR and slashed .289/.366/.536 playing half of his games in a pitchers ballpark in Miami. 

I didn't have high expectations for Bour but he's looked really solid this spring. He's having his best spring by a huge margin. 
'15: .235/.278/.235/.513 with 0 HR, 1 BB, 3 K
'16: .182/.234/.205/.439 with 0 HR, 3 BB, 12 K
'17: .182/.289/.303/.593 with 2 HR, 10 BB, 17 K
'18: .167/.280/.190/.470 with 0 HR, 6 BB, 12 K
'19: .250/.386/.611/.997 with 4 HR, 8 BB, 11 K

Spring numbers mean nothing but its a good sign nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Allen has looked awful.  His stint at closer isn't going to last long throwing poorly located 90mph fastballs and a breaking ball up in the zone.  

I give him a month, tops. He looks like he has no confidence.