• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Angels Spring Training News & Gameday Thread

Chuck

8 minutes ago, Glen said:

I don't care if Ramirez is out of options. He shouldn't make the team.

Totally agree with this!  See if he clears waivers and outright him - although I don't think he would improve going to the minors.

15 minutes ago, Glen said:

I don't care if Ramirez is out of options. He shouldn't make the team.

Disagree, he's the perfect guy to round out an Opening Day bullpen, especially with Cole injured and so many starters on shaky health and limited counts. You need someone like Noe who can eat up 2-3 innings every couple days in blowouts and extra innings in order to keep guys from getting burned up quickly especially for the first 10-14 games. He's an easy DFA then when time comes.

And while his overall numbers last year weren't good, and he had a poor stretch, there was some promise on either side of that stretch, at least in terms of what you'd want from the last arm in a pen. 
3/29 to 5/31: 28 games, 32.1 IP, 3.34 ERA, 33 hits allowed, one HR allowed, 13 walks, 39 strikeouts
6/3 to 8/19: 29 games, 36.1 IP, 5.94 ERA, 33 hits allowed, 12 home runs allowed, 12 walks, 39 strikeouts 
8/22 to 9/29: 12 games, 14.2 IP, 3.68 ERA, 9 hits allowed, two home runs allowed, 5 walks, 17 strikeouts

He had extremely similar per/9 trends through his 'good' stretch and his 'shit' stretch - the only difference was an insane jump in HR allowed. The sinker wasn't sinking in the warm air perhaps. Something that dramatic points to absolutely awful luck, or a mechanics issue that came astray and was then fixed. His production in the other 47 IP, with 42 hits allowed, only 3 home runs allowed, and 18 walks to 56 strikeouts (almost 11 K/9) with a 3.51 ERA? That's pretty handy for a guy who can throw 2-3 innings on a staff riddled with injury issues.

I'm not saying he needs to be someone we keep, but he's exactly the type of pitcher you gamble on early in the year for a stretch.

Edited by totdprods