• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scientists: A Cure for Cancer within a year?

Chuck

16 hours ago, wopphil said:

I just dont think diseases are curable. They will make all kinds of progress to treat them, but they wont eradicate them.

Again, uneducated.

Science has already made leaps and bounds with this. My only concern is that a lot more is being suppressed by big pharm. Similar to all the science and technology with automobiles, but we still have gasoline engines in the road because of the oil companies. I think Honda came up with a 50+ mpg engine in the 80’s that was shelved.

I’d get you the podcast link but doubt you’d listen to the guy that says in about 10 years we won’t even procreate and can genetically modify how we want our children to look. The science for disease cures is also there or we will be in a place where people are genetically created to not even be predisposed to certain illnesses or diseases.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Again, uneducated.

Science has already made leaps and bounds with this. My only concern is that a lot more is being suppressed by big pharm. Similar to all the science and technology with automobiles, but we still have gasoline engines in the road because of the oil companies. I think Honda came up with a 50+ mpg engine in the 80’s that was shelved.

I’d get you the podcast link but doubt you’d listen to the guy that says in about 10 years we won’t even procreate and can genetically modify how we want our children to look. The science for disease cures is also there or we will be in a place where people are genetically created to not even be predisposed to certain illnesses or diseases.

https://money.cnn.com/2007/12/17/autos/honda_civic_hf/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 5:17 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

A drug company rep told me that they are expecting a cure for HIV within the next 18-24 months.

I dont know if its that close, but I know theyre getting closer and closer.

Problem with HIV is that its good at hiding. And certain strains are more aggressive than others. So Im not sure if they will be able to kill one, not others.

My fear is that it mutates again, becomes drug resistant. 

• 7 months later...
On 6/14/2019 at 10:19 AM, Lhalo said:

Am I a bad person if I don't really care about HIV?

Keep this in mind.

A friend of mine is a hemophiliac. Hes considered a miracle baby because he got so many transfusions in the 80s/90s, never contracted HIV.

Then they made blood tests, which "solved it".

Hes dying now, from liver cancer... from Hep C he got in a transfusion circa 2004 give or take. They test for Hep C as they do HIV...

EVERY communicable disease is a threat.

14 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Keep this in mind.

A friend of mine is a hemophiliac. Hes considered a miracle baby because he got so many transfusions in the 80s/90s, never contracted HIV.

Hes dying now, from liver cancer... from Hep C he got in a transfusion circa 2004 give or take. They test for Hep C as they do HIV...

My daughter lost a patient she'd grown close to,  a Hep-C patient who was 31 with a young child, for whom treatments like Harvoni came too late.  

It broke the hearts of her family, husband, child, etc  - and broke the heart of my daughter - the patient was apparently a lovely soul, who my daughter couldn't save - she pronounced her, and then broke down in tears.  Not every patient of these diseases is contemptible or "deserves it."  

By the way, she (my daughter, who was attending) was accidentally stuck by a needle by a resident physician, from a patient with HIV *and* Hep C a few years ago.  She got lucky - but like the man said, every communicable disease is a threat.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, Brandon said:

Again, uneducated.

Gattaca is such a good flick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/29/2019 at 6:17 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Oh man. I'm 48. Did he have any symptoms leading up to getting checked out and before the cancer was found?

I recently had some skin cancer removed, just heard back that they got it all so I was stoked obviously. 

Prayers out for your father in law.

Hey @Chuckster70 looks like you and Stradling can look into get a group discount. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2020 at 4:38 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Keep this in mind.

Lost him a few months back, too