• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2019-20 Free Agent Class

jordan

5 hours ago, halomatt said:

Life is too damn short to be miserable about something that perhaps you once loved and now is an endless source of stress and anger for you. 

(I got married yesterday to the love of my life.  It's my second marriage. Hope it puts my comments into context.)

Have a great day all!

Congrats!

6 hours ago, halomatt said:

Wow.  Just read through this whole thing and it's a true train wreck.  There are clearly some folks here that pessimistic toward the Angels as an organization. 

My questions is this:  If you don't like the team, and you don't like the minor leagues, and you don't like the owner, and you don't like the business direction of the franchise...why do you continue to be a "fan?"  (This is a serious question, not snark.)  It would  seem that this hobby should bring you joy and if it does not, why do you continue to let it make you frustrated and morose?  Why not find another hobby?

Life is too damn short to be miserable about something that perhaps you once loved and now is an endless source of stress and anger for you. 

(I got married yesterday to the love of my life.  It's my second marriage. Hope it puts my comments into context.)

Have a great day all!

Grats dude!

6 hours ago, halomatt said:

Wow.  Just read through this whole thing and it's a true train wreck.  There are clearly some folks here that pessimistic toward the Angels as an organization. 

My questions is this:  If you don't like the team, and you don't like the minor leagues, and you don't like the owner, and you don't like the business direction of the franchise...why do you continue to be a "fan?"  (This is a serious question, not snark.)  It would  seem that this hobby should bring you joy and if it does not, why do you continue to let it make you frustrated and morose?  Why not find another hobby?

Have a great day all!

Great outlook. 

Congrats to you and yours, @halomatt!!

14 hours ago, halomatt said:

Have a great day all!

Well what in the world are you doing hanging out here with us?!? shut down and go take care of business with mrs. halomatt.

congratulations!

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I read that this morning.  While he has flaws and would be my second choice for what we’re looking for, I’d totally be ok with him.  He’d lengthen the line up.  

Even with his flaws, he'd be a heck of an upgrade. 

Moose ('15-'18): .267/.324/.484/.808 avg. 34 doubles, 33 homers, 47 BB, 98 strikeouts
Angels 3B 2018: .220/.278/.369/.648 with 31 doubles, 18 homers, 43 BB, 166 strikeouts 

Absolute worst case scenario, he suddenly regresses and becomes the new Marte/Valbuena bench corner infielder, and their 2018 line of .208/.263/.353/.616 is still pretty easy to top, and he's certainly better defensively. He may cost around the same as Valbuena did as well.

Twice as many homers, an easy .30 to.50 point OBP improvement, 50-60 less strikeouts...his defense is not any worse than average either, and he's been quite consistent the last three full seasons. He gives you depth at 1B if Pujols gets hurt, Bour sucks, Thaiss isn't ready, or if the Angels need to find playing time for Ward. He gives the Angels a lot of depth if really just about anyone gets hurt, at least on the infield, or if they need to make a 'win-now' trade for SP help midseason involving an infield prospect or two.

I wouldn't go beyond say $13m annually at my absolute most, on par with Cozart, nor more than two years, maybe okay with three if the money is reasonable.

12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Even with his flaws, he'd be a heck of an upgrade. 

Moose ('15-'18): .267/.324/.484/.808 avg. 34 doubles, 33 homers, 47 BB, 98 strikeouts
Angels 3B 2018: .220/.278/.369/.648 with 31 doubles, 18 homers, 43 BB, 166 strikeouts 

Twice as many homers, an easy .30 to.50 point OBP improvement, 50-60 less strikeouts...his defense is not any worse than average either, and he's been quite consistent the last three full seasons. He gives you depth at 1B if Pujols gets hurt, Bour sucks, Thaiss isn't ready, or if the Angels need to find playing time for Ward. He gives the Angels a lot of depth if really just about anyone gets hurt, at least on the infield, or if they need to make a 'win-now' trade for SP help midseason involving an infield prospect or two.

I wouldn't go beyond say $13m annually at my absolute most, on par with Cozart, nor more than two years, maybe okay with three if the money is reasonable.

Need to put a caveat there.  You're looking at his 162-game average over that span.  Of note, he's actually only hit more than 30 HR in one season.

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Need to put a caveat there.  You're looking at his 162-game average over that span.  Of note, he's actually only hit more than 30 HR in one season.

22, 38 and 28 in his last three seasons, averaging 150 games or so. I’d say he’s good for 20 HR easily, 25 likely, 30 certainly within reason. 

Given that he’s been pretty durable aside from 2016, I don’t think that caveat is too noteworthy. 150 games, 25+ seems pretty safe, especially with the shortened wall and uptick in HRs at Angel Stadium. 

And the power is nice, but I also like that he isn't a K machine.

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if you can get him for two years and around $18 million

Deal. Luis Valbuena was 2/$15m.

And at that price, he isn’t hard to move at either deadline, surely for something at least in the Sandoval or Buttrey/Jerez range at a minimum.

I will say, if Lowrie was at the same price, I’d prefer him slightly, but with his age, I can see him holding out for more years or money, and I would hesitate on anything beyond 2/$18m for him. 

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I would prefer Lowrie, due to needing the OBP infusion.   But I wouldn't be against Moose coming here as an alternate.

The OBP definitely tips him into favor...if they're landing the same contract. 

I know nothing of what Lowrie is seeking, but at his age, this is likely his last contract, at least substantial contract, and he has never really gotten a big payday. So he may hold out for a shorter contract, bigger money deal (2/$24m+, using Murphy as an starting point?) or a longer deal with lesser AAV, say 2/$18m with a 3rd year $10m player/vesting option. 

Should that be the case, and Moustakas is also available for 2/$18m, I'd lean towards Moustakas being a safer bet.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:43 AM, floplag said:

Found this interesting in that hes talking about 200M, not 300M.  

"... have no intention of offering Manny Machado a $200 million-plus contract."

Probably because they are going to offer him a $300 or $400 million-plus contract?

46 minutes ago, ettin said:

"... have no intention of offering Manny Machado a $200 million-plus contract."

Probably because they are going to offer him a $300 or $400 million-plus contract?

im reminded of the holy hand grenade skit from monthly python...   the number of the counting shalt not be 2 lest you proceed on to three.  4 is right out.