• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Robertson

NJHalo

WFAN reporting that David Robertson is meeting with the Angels. Apparently he preferred to stay in the Northeast, close to his home in Rhode Island, but felt like he was getting nowhere in negotiations with the Red Sox and Yankees. This might be a ploy to pressure one of them to ante up. Apparently he wants to be a closer again, and neither team can guarantee him that. Robertson has no agent, and represents himself. 

Fantastic - he'd been my target since before the offseason started. Exceptionally consistent. I still think the Yankees, Red Sox, and definitely the Phillies (who are having a hard time attracting anyone) will still go in hard and up the price, but he'd be a great anchor to the pen, and would make some sense out of the Parker non-tender (freeing up money, closer role).

24 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

When he came in the other team closed out the angels.

I don’t care for the save stat or the blown save stat but Parker only had three blown saves and a loss last year.  So he probably was at 85% save rate.  League average is around 90%.  Sample size obviously.  

1 minute ago, Fish Oil said:

Adding this guy would ensure that we enter the season with a very good pen, but who would they be pitching to? Without an increase in budget, we will be going with who we have.

That is a good/fair question.  Would you rather have Robertson and Briceno or Bullpen as it is and a guy like Grandall?  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That is a good/fair question.  Would you rather have Robertson and Briceno or Bullpen as it is and a guy like Grandall?  

I’d rather us get Robertson, Kikuchi, Grandal, and trade for Arenado. But I know that’s a warm piss in the wind.  But what I do know is that there are “rumors” about us being interested In Keuchel, Robertson, and Harrison ( all pretty recently), so there is hope we may sign another player or two.