• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Robertson

NJHalo

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If the Angels were truly interested, we wouldn’t hear about it till he was signed. The fact it got leaked tells me there’s some gamesmanship going on.  Eppler might even be doing Robertson a favor. 

Yea, but keep in mind the gamesmanship would be from the agent and not Eppler.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Robertson doesn't have an agent.  

Shit that is right.  I read that this morning and totally forgot.  So possibly Eppler hooking him up.  But I would think if Eppler has a good relationship with Robertson it would be easier to do a deal one on one than getting an agent involved.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Shit that is right.  I read that this morning and totally forgot.  So possibly Eppler hooking him up.  But I would think if Eppler has a good relationship with Robertson it would be easier to do a deal one on one than getting an agent involved.  

There is probably some legitimacy to it in that Eppler is likely to be interested at the right price and can offer him a closer role.  So they agree to leak the interest and if it doesn't get the Red Sox to bite then we could get him.  

Just now, floplag said:

Yes its filled right next to berating those with different views in every thread. 

I’ll say this again, you are allowed to have any opinion you want, you are allowed to express it over and over and over again, because if you weren’t allowed to we wouldn’t be having this conversation.  That same ability to do what you do is what affords me the ability to tell you that you are being repetitive.  You are allowed to do it, I am allowed to do it.  Berating is a cute word for hurting your feelings, I am sorry, I forgot.  

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im actually surprised Boston didnt keep him. They offered more per year, but only 2 years for kelly. 

Boston has a shit show coming.  

Price is 33 and owed 4/127m 
JDM can opt out after the 2019 season and is a boras client
Pedroia is 35 and still has 3/40 left
Porcello is a FA after the season
Rusney Castillo is still being paid 25m over the next two seasons
Sale is a free agent after 2019 and has a bum shoulder
Bogaerts is a free agent after 2019 and is a Boras client
Holt, Pearce, Nunez, and Moreland are all free agents after 2019
Bradley has one more year of arb after 2019 and is a boras client
Betts has one more year of arb 
Eduardo Rodriguez has two more years of arb
They've got Benintendi and Devers under control for a bit.  
They're already over the lux tax for 2019 which will be their 5th year in a row.  
They have a weak farm system.  Maybe the worst in baseball right now.  

They got one and possibly two more years of being contenders so I can see why they would try to keep his contract to two years.  

They have to do this. Out of all the FA RP out there, no one has been more consistent than Robertson. He's still got the 'Mariano-Lite' cutter that nobody can square up consistently too. The guy who taught him that lasted a lonnnnnnnnnnng time w/minimal injuries too, so I'm not as worried about his age either. What everyone has been projecting here about our bullpen if they signed him has me salivating tbh. Bullpens are so very important (especially nowadays), it's baffling when teams who have had issues there the prior season don't go into the off-season starting there.