• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler in attendance at Troy Tulowitzkis workout...

floplag

There is no money, is there? It’s a minimum deal, unless I’m missing something. Toronto is still on the hook for the rest. 

Assuming my understanding is correct, I’d be okay with it if they don’t have to give him too many assurances about playing time. 

Having said that, I heard Boras is up in the same area with Kikuchi, so Eppler may have been up there to meet them and just dropped by. 

Tulo was a good player and could still be a good player. It would be very prudent for Eppler to take a look because even a below average Tulo is better than a lot of MLB players.

Angels will likely only consider him at 3B I think.

It would be a low cost upgrade if they think he is worth a contract. Flip side is that the Jay's cut him loose for a reason.

My guess is he's going to go wherever they commit the most PT.   

Is he worth taking a flyer on for league min?  Sure.  He really wasn't that good outside of coors though.  You could actually give him a better chance to stay healthy as well by putting him at 3b or even 1b. 

It would make for an interesting roster decision in that with Tulo, La Stella and Bour, as well as a backup C, we don't really have a 4th OFer unless that could be one of those three.  

I do agree that it's entirely plausible Eppler was in the neighborhood after meeting with Kikuchi.  Bour has the only time in the OF where he played 6.1 innings when he was in AA 7 years ago.  I'd even be willing to consider unloading Cozart at that point.  Maybe in exchange for a less than desirable pitching contract or a catcher?  

candidates like Russell Martin, Greinke/Avila, Danny Duffy, Tyler Chatwood, and a few others.  Not the most appetizing of players.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

My guess is he's going to go wherever they commit the most PT.   

Is he worth taking a flyer on for league min?  Sure.  He really wasn't that good outside of coors though.  You could actually give him a better chance to stay healthy as well by putting him at 3b or even 1b. 

It would make for an interesting roster decision in that with Tulo, La Stella and Bour, as well as a backup C, we don't really have a 4th OFer unless that could be one of those three.  

I do agree that it's entirely plausible Eppler was in the neighborhood after meeting with Kikuchi.  Bour has the only time in the OF where he played 6.1 innings when he was in AA 7 years ago.  I'd even be willing to consider unloading Cozart at that point.  Maybe in exchange for a less than desirable pitching contract or a catcher?  

candidates like Russell Martin, Greinke/Avila, Danny Duffy, Tyler Chatwood, and a few others.  Not the most appetizing of players.  

He's tanked a bit since leaving coors, but he has a career 'away' line of .269/.338/.453/.791. Not amazing, but not really terrible either. Looks better for a shortstop than 3b/1b, though...

My first reaction to this was hell no but Troy can still be a good player (I think??) when healthy ( which is when?? ). Signing him means Ward & Flech start the year in the minors. 

Would hate to see Fletcher sent down but he won't be there too long. & while Ward wasnt as bad as he looked (.214 babip), we can't risk having holes in the lineup like that. If Troy is still good then this will raise the floor (damn I hate using that term, screw you dipoto)