• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Harold Reynolds is a dope

ScottT

I kinda miss when he did MLB Now with Brian Kenny.  I wonder if either of them do, though.  It was a bit of a train wreck. I guess we can still look forward to when they do the top ten second basemen right now..... and Harold ranks random old weak hitting guy fourth.  Or when he does top 100 and says 200 players deserved to be in the top 100

Harold seems like a good dude... he does laugh at himself... and they mock him on the off season morning show all the time.  

9 hours ago, krAbs said:

Who?

"Harold Craig Reynolds (born November 26, 1960) is an American former professional baseball second baseman, who played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Seattle Mariners, Baltimore Orioles, and California Angels."

Oh.

"Since his retirement, he has become a well-known television analyst, working for MLB Network and Fox Sports."

Oh....

Can someone explain this post to me?

12 hours ago, ScottT said:

He asked Ken Rosenthal if a double was counted the same as a home run when calculating slugging percentage.

I understand not being into statistics or up on the latest ones, but how can a man that played baseball for so long and now been around people talking about it constantly...  ask such a question.

Hilarious.

So don't keep me in suspense, is it??

14 hours ago, Tank said:

whatever reynolds shortcomings, i'd rather listen to him any day for hours at a time before i'd listen to stephen a.

The problem with stephen a smith, and guys like him, is that he is a "sports" analyst, not an expert in one sport. Thats why sports talk radio is so frustrating, you have guys who have an interest in a million subjects, but dont know a whole lot past the basics.

34 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The problem with stephen a smith, and guys like him, is that he is a "sports" analyst, not an expert in one sport. Thats why sports talk radio is so frustrating, you have guys who have an interest in a million subjects, but dont know a whole lot past the basics.

The problem is people like them apparently get the ratings and attention, and that’s all the networks are going to care about. Issue “hot takes” that the average sports fan can relate to and people will watch, I guess. 

On 12/18/2018 at 6:16 PM, hangin n wangin said:

I don't hate him. He's an idiot when it comes to statistics, especially advanced ones, but he's pretty entertaining on the MLB TV channel. 

When it comes to breaking down other things, such as swing plane, or defensive stuff, you can tell he knows the game in that regard.

This is how I see it too -- dude was the typical meathead ballplayer and now he's the typical meathead talking head.  His opinions and viewpoints likely echo those of the average player during his career.   Whats more he really does try to break things down to the most simple denominator most of the time.   Say what you will about what he doesn't know, he doesnt puff his chest out and dismiss advanced metrics the way Russo does.