• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tulowitski for 3B/1B??

Dtwncbad

He hasns't been healthy in a few years and he's 34.  If his name wasn't Tulo, would anyone really be interested?  I love the guy. One of my all-time favorites, but at this point in his career - I'd pass at almost any price.  I hope he proves me wrong though.

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

He hasns't been healthy in a few years and he's 34.  If his name wasn't Tulo, would anyone really be interested?  I love the guy. One of my all-time favorites, but at this point in his career - I'd pass at almost any price.  I hope he proves me wrong though.

As a fellow LB State guy, I still agree TOTALLY.    Tulo WAS great.   Tulo is also done.  He hasn't played since 2017.

FYI, he's only going to cost the league minimum. So essentially the same as Taylor Ward.

He's under contract for 2 years at 38M, meaning, the Jays pick that entire thing up. You're not claiming him, you sign him for 555k, and that money is deducted from his Jays contract obligation. He doesn't earn more money.

He will get offers. I don't think he will be stuck on playing SS, but we are the closest franchise to LB State, so I'm sure they'll inquire to see if he wants to play 1st/2nd/3rd and backup SS for the Angels.

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

FYI, he's only going to cost the league minimum. So essentially the same as Taylor Ward.

He's under contract for 2 years at 38M, meaning, the Jays pick that entire thing up. You're not claiming him, you sign him for 555k, and that money is deducted from his Jays contract obligation. He doesn't earn more money.

He will get offers. I don't think he will be stuck on playing SS, but we are the closest franchise to LB State, so I'm sure they'll inquire to see if he wants to play 1st/2nd/3rd and backup SS for the Angels.

He will likely find a team like the Mariners, Royals or Marlins who will be able to play him full-time. At league minimum it is very low risk for any team to pick him up and play him. This is a former All-Star with an extensive injury history but don't relegate him to nothingness yet, he could still pull out a 3-WAR season if he could just stay healthy.

I'd be on-board if he turned into a utility type around the diamond but he will almost certainly get better playing time with other teams. With Pujols and Ohtani's health in question to start the season he could easily pick up at-bat's with the Angels. If the opportunity is right then go for it, otherwise pass and let him rebuild his value elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, Hubs said:

if he's willing to play third and learn some first base, i'd give him a spring training invite.

i can't imagine he'd be worse than valubuena/marte/ward.