• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, top 5 farm after all is said and done

floplag

Jerry Dipoto...

step 1: tear down the minor league system and max out payroll trying to be competitive

step 2: continue to tear down minor league system to improve holes on mediocre team that he built 

step 3: realize it’s not working so go into full rebuild and trade away all assets he worked to acquire 

step 4: championship in 3-4 years?

10 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Jerry Dipoto...

step 1: tear down the minor league system and max out payroll trying to be competitive

step 2: continue to tear down minor league system to improve holes on mediocre team that he built 

step 3: realize it’s not working so go into full rebuild and trade away all assets he worked to acquire 

step 4: championship in 3-4 years?

Exactly what’d I’d do. Once you realize window is closed. Burn it the f down. Rebuild and start from scratch. There is no consolation prize for finishing 3rd or 4th. Get a top pick trade off assets to get younger. Finishing 15th in the league getting a middle of the road pick gets you no where faster 

13 minutes ago, popo85 said:

I actually think this may turn out to be a reasonably good trade for the Mariners. Navarez has a lot of good skills including above average defense. Only thing he may really suck at is pitch framing. Good OBP though and he is at that age where strength usually blooms (if it is going to at all).

36 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Once they trade Segura, Gordon, Haniger and others, they'll be a top 5 farm for sure. They'll also win 60 games in 2019.

I don’t know Seattle had a lower payroll than the Angels last year and finished ahead of the Angels by quite a few games. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

oh FFS did i say that?  no, ive said many many times not i would like a balance of both.  it would be nice if you guys could actually read instead of just blabbering at people.

did you really just call me out for not actually reading your post?  

wow.  

the concept of balance has whizzed past you like a high fastball on multiple occasions.  

the sheer fact that you would reference the 'farm first guys' and then not respond when I asked you who those people were is telling as to your understanding of the purpose of a farm system and why it's important.  

maybe you should go back and read the umpteen posts I've made in response to you and you'll understand.  I would say reread, but clearly you've never even looked at them.  

19 minutes ago, ettin said:

I actually think this may turn out to be a reasonably good trade for the Mariners. Navarez has a lot of good skills including above average defense. Only thing he may really suck at is pitch framing. Good OBP though and he is at that age where strength usually blooms (if it is going to at all).

He'd have been a nice option for us.  A little jealous the M's got him.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

did you really just call me out for not actually reading your post?  

wow.  

the concept of balance has whizzed past you like a high fastball on multiple occasions.  

the sheer fact that you would reference the 'farm first guys' and then not respond when I asked you who those people were is telling as to your understanding of the purpose of a farm system and why it's important.  

maybe you should go back and read the umpteen posts I've made in response to you and you'll understand.  I would say reread, but clearly you've never even looked at them.  

id repost Strads pot to kettle image, but really whats the point. 
ive said so many time what i agree and disagree with yet it always comes back to me somehow being reckless and wanting to trade everyone and sign everyone when ive literally never asked for that.
Back to the matter at hand though, if the Ms somehow get 5 or 6 top 100 guys in these trades, they will have a better farm than us per the ratings and projections of said players.  Thats what was said by Olney, thats what i posted, you can draw your own conclusions from that

29 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Exactly what’d I’d do. Once you realize window is closed. Burn it the f down. Rebuild and start from scratch. There is no consolation prize for finishing 3rd or 4th. Get a top pick trade off assets to get younger. Finishing 15th in the league getting a middle of the road pick gets you no where faster 

but that's not what he's doing.  By the time all is said and done, he's gonna trade away prospects for high floor, low ceiling major league or near major league ready talent.  

If you notice, he moved Zunino and Colome for Smith and Narvaez.  He's not burning it down.  

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they sign a couple of mildly expensive free agents for this year.  

Next up will be Segura.  If he can get someone to take on Leake then he'll do that for sure.  I don't think he'll have any takers on Seager.  But if so, it actually wouldn't totally surprise me to see him make a run at either Machado or Harper after it's all said and done.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

but that's not what he's doing.  By the time all is said and done, he's gonna trade away prospects for high floor, low ceiling major league or near major league ready talent.  

If you notice, he moved Zunino and Colome for Smith and Narvaez.  He's not burning it down.  

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they sign a couple of mildly expensive free agents for this year.  

Next up will be Segura.  If he can get someone to take on Leake then he'll do that for sure.  I don't think he'll have any takers on Seager.  But if so, it actually wouldn't totally surprise me to see him make a run at either Machado or Harper after it's all said and done.  

I mean he took the Yankees top prospect, who yes is MLB ready, but still their top prospect. Kelenic and Dunn (rumored) are among the Mets top prospects .... both not really near MLB ready.

Smith and Narvaez are young controllable assets. You have to field a team ... doesn't have to be a good one, but getting younger cheaper assets makes tanking more palpable. 

We needed a catcher. We needed a true centerfielder.

Who knows if we'll trade Segura (though there is heavy insider hints that he is going to the Phillies) and I doubt we'll trade Haniger (though we should if we are trading everyone else).

Leake is as good as gone though.

14 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

You don’t know what he’s doing. All we know right now is he’s getting prospects and getting out from under Canos deal. We will see what happens by the start. I think he’s trying to rebuild. But time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Kody Mac said:

Time zones are a funny thing. It can be 7 am your time AND A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TIME ON THE EAST COAST! Crazy how that works ;)

But Buster is on the east coast and his tweet was at 7am.

I don't Twitter. Are you saying Twitter adjusts the times printed on every tweet to match up with my time zone? 

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

So using the method by the experts at fangraphs:

Sheffield -50
Kelenic - 50
Dunn - 45
Dom-Thompson - not on the list ie below 40
Swanson - not on the list ie below 40

If they get a 55, 50 and 40 for Segura, that would put them in the 17-20 range.  

according to the experts.  

I’ll wait to hear from our resident expert.