• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout a longshot to win MVP, likely headed for another near-miss

AngelsWin.com

4 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Wow. The voters were a lot dumber than I expected. Trout barely beat out third/fourth place. Betts destroyed everyone. Despite Trout being better offensively and barely worse defensively.

Considering how many times he's been robbed of the MVP, he deserved better.

You are right. He deserves better. He deserves a better team around him. 

5 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Wow. The voters were a lot dumber than I expected. Trout barely beat out third/fourth place. Betts destroyed everyone. Despite Trout being better offensively and barely worse defensively.

Considering how many times he's been robbed of the MVP, he deserved better.

Maybe he will win the He Deserves Better Award.

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Maybe he will win the He Deserves Better Award.

Considering MLB seems utterly unwilling to give him any other award, he’ll probably lose out on that, too. 

Hilarious considering how much trouble the league says they have marketing their stars. Trout never gets in-season recognition with weekly/monthly player selections. He gets dumped on by the players’ choice awards, the writers, umpires (gets awful calls more than most, as far as I can tell, although I can’t find any data that measures that), and the managers (GG voting). Trout is by a healthy distance the best player in the game and you’d think he was just another all-star. 

Analysts like to pat themselves on the back for the advances they’ve made, but in twenty years the next generation is going to wonder how the heck Mike Trout only won 2 MVP’s instead of 6 by the age of 27. It’s a freaking joke.