• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moving to Colorado. Tips?

failos

I've been to Estes park three times and it is one of my favorite National Parks.  I've seen moose, elk, big horn sheep and plenty of other wildlife on my visits.  It's just a great place to see some nature.  Mount Evans is cool too - you can see some mountain goats (not native to Colorado) there.

If you're into fly fishing - you'll find lots of places to do that.

Coors Field is pretty nice too.

44 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I was in Denver for the Rams game this past weekend.  We had heard all about the snow upcoming.  Our friend picked us up downtown on Saturday afternoon in a t-shirt.  It was 65 degrees.

Woke up to the snow on Sunday.  

It was awesome.

Yup.  After I took that top picture, I took my dog for a walk around the golf course in shorts and a t-shirt.  Next day, stay inside and kept a fire going in the fireplace all day.

Love this time of year.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, failos said:

I’m moving to Colorado tomorrow for a job. Was born and raised in CA, so this will be a big change. I’m moving to the Boulder area.

Are any of you familiar with the area? Nobody likes California transplants, so I want to make a great impression 

Congrats on your new job and the move. I'm sure it will be great.

One of my former colleagues made the move several years ago to take a job at Ball Aerospace.

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2018 at 9:38 AM, Jay said:

Congrats on your new job and the move. I'm sure it will be great.

One of my former colleagues made the move several years ago to take a job at Ball Aerospace.

I know this is late, but, thanks, dude. I live extremely close to Ball actually.

--

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments (except for cals).

I just wanted to give an update since I haven't had a chance to really sit and post here. 

My life has been pretty great lately, both socially and professionally. I really love my job and my life has really changed for the better; and Colorado is an awesome place to live. It was a bit rough at first though since I had to hop from one Airbnb/hotel to another for a month, but now that I have an apartment and furniture I finally feel like I'm settled in. I don't have a car because my apartment is literally across the street from my job. I only have to cross a street to get there, so I walk. It's amazing, I get there in about 2 minutes. That aspect alone has made me forget about California. I would never go back to traffic and long commutes. Apparently an-In-N-out is opening soon, so I'm pumped for that. All I need is the Angels to move to Boulder and I'll be set.

Edited by failos

• 3 years later...