• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Its funny how fast Yankee news escalates...

floplag

So i read this morning that Gregorius was hurt early in the Bos series and will be having Tommy John surgery.
It took less than about 10 posts in my timeline before i came across one suggesting the Yanks go get Machado now to replace him.  
and people wonder why the rest of us still hate the Yanks and the media coverage, lol  

1 minute ago, floplag said:

So i read this morning that Gregorius was hurt early in the Bos series and will be having Tommy John surgery.
It took less than about 10 posts in my timeline before i came across one suggesting the Yanks go get Machado now to replace him.  
and people wonder why the rest of us still hate the Yanks and the media coverage, lol  

I have been hearing Machado to the Yankees for awhile now.  Next year is Didi’s last year of club control.  

Just now, Stradling said:

I have been hearing Machado to the Yankees for awhile now.  Next year is Didi’s last year of club control.  

In the event that does happen...

What about Didi as the 2B/3B? Eppler was a driver in bringing him to NYY if I recall, and he likes snapping up guys in their walk year. Also has the camaraderie with Simmons being countrymen.

Just now, totdprods said:

In the event that does happen...

What about Didi as the 2B/3B? Eppler was a driver in bringing him to NYY if I recall, and he likes snapping up guys in their walk year. Also has the camaraderie with Simmons being countrymen.

Didi needs Tommy John surgery now, so he would settle in with us quite nicely.

Yankees currently have the 6th highest payroll in MLB now.

They have no surtax going into next season now that they kept their payroll under the threshold for the 2018 season.

I see a huge spending spree in the Bronx this offseason. They are going to drive up the price for any free agent. 

31 minutes ago, floplag said:

RE Gray, 23 starts, 4.99 ERA, 1.5 WHIP.  Dont we have enough guys that can do that already? 
The Yankees have pitching issues and dont want him apparently, that has to be a red flag.
Pass  

We had 9 guys combine for 32 starts last year, 122 innings of 6.88 ERA ball.

So no?

8 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

If Gray comes cheap, I think we would be crazy not to look into trying to get him. You know what he's capable of when he pitches to his capabilities and he's done it multiple years and as recently as two years ago. He's still relatively young and would be playing in a pitcher's park. I'm in.

Gray, Bundy, Stroman, Wheeler, Urena, Junis, Teheran, Godley, Ray, Matz...all of these guys should be targets. At worse, they’re just like Shoemaker and Heaney...another 3-4 type starter who we still could use or at best, a good #2, of which we could also use.

If things break right and Skaggs lasts a full year, the aforementioned, Shoe and Heaney pitch to their ceiling, and Barria holds down the 5th spot, that’s a very good rotation even without an ‘ace’

12 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

If Gray comes cheap, I think we would be crazy not to look into trying to get him. You know what he's capable of when he pitches to his capabilities and he's done it multiple years and as recently as two years ago. He's still relatively young and would be playing in a pitcher's park. I'm in.

Anaheim has become rather middle of the pack, with respect to runs scored. 19 out of 30. But it gives up the 7th most HRs per game. Was Gray homer prone?

45 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm not a big fan of Gray, but if the price is right you would have to be crazy to not be interested in adding someone capable of throwing more than 20 times in a season.

Also statistically there isn't much underlying difference between his 3.55 2017 and his 4.90 2018. 

New Skankee Stadium does that to RHPs.   He is definitely worth a look, as a bounce back guy.  Just don’t trade very much to get him, as he would be a one year rental.

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Gray, Bundy, Stroman, Wheeler, Urena, Junis, Teheran, Godley, Ray, Matz...all of these guys should be targets. At worse, they’re just like Shoemaker and Heaney...another 3-4 type starter who we still could use or at best, a good #2, of which we could also use.

If things break right and Skaggs lasts a full year, the aforementioned, Shoe and Heaney pitch to their ceiling, and Barria holds down the 5th spot, that’s a very good rotation even without an ‘ace’

We would certainly have to upgrade the offense from a middle of the pack status. Angels were 20th in OPS last year.

51 minutes ago, totdprods said:

We had 9 guys combine for 32 starts last year, 122 innings of 6.88 ERA ball.

So no?

We had 16 total guys log starts for us.  Of that 16 3 started more games than he did.  7 of them had a better ERA than he did.   8 had a better WHIP.  
If this is your idea of an upgrade we are in trouble.  

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

He did improve significantly, 11 HRs in 65 innings for the Skanks in 2017 and 14 HRs in 130 innings in 2018.  Gave up a lot of hits though in 2018 and walked close to 4 batters per 9 innings.

He was just a mess this year. And as bad as he was he still had a 4.17 FIP, so there was a little bit of bad luck involved.