• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Its funny how fast Yankee news escalates...

floplag

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

And we don't need anymore 3 outcome players. Get some guys that can make contact or take a walk instead of waiting around 5 days for your .230 hitter to knock a solo shot out.

This is something that bears watching as the off-season goes on.   Yes, the trend is to chase those types but we have enough of that already and I think Eppler hinted at that when he pointed out the HR totals and run output weren't in line with what you'd expect.    

It will be like the 2002 squad that basically ran the other teams into the ground with walks and sprayed singles, timely doubles and a few home runs to keep the defense honest and not cheating in. In the end it beat the Steroid era ball game. 

Last night you saw just how poor all these launch angle players are on defense. Hitting more they have to chase is going to be more effective than trying to hit every pitch out.

Yankees, What a bunch of losers. I see they are crying now that their player was hurt, blah blah excuses. They had the win in the ninth and had runners when Mr. Stanton whom they traded for, and is a power threat didn't do crap. You want to blame injuries which you shouldn't, blame the one that made the out and if I remember right, it was a strike out. If he got at least a single the game would be tied. Yankees and Red Sux always cry when they lose and say that they were injuries on the team, but when another team they beat says they had injuries they talk crap that they won and the other team had excuses. You got beat now shut the hell up and take the defeat like professionals, you had the win and screwed it up. If if you won the game what would have happened in the 5th game/ NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.

On October 12, 2018 at 3:36 PM, ukyah said:

there is a long history of pitchers failing in yankee stadium, only to rebound in another environment. if i was eppler, i'd be interested to listen to the yankees.

This.  Also he has 2 years of club control and is 29 next season. Arb should be cheaper on a down year.  

7 minutes ago, NotMyCat said:

This.  Also he has 2 years of club control and is 29 next season. Arb should be cheaper on a down year.  

It doesn’t work like that...he’s projected to go from $6.5m to $9.1m - it’s based more on service time than production.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:43 PM, Stradling said:

Would you trade Kole straight up for him?  

Thinking big picture i think most would, im not sure, but i wonder unless thats followed with a Harper signing how does it make the club better?   
You just spent about 6 mil in salary difference between them of the 30 we have total to open up another need?  If this season proved anything beyond reasonable doubt its that we do not have another OF ML ready.