• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wil Myers

Jeff Fletcher

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So even with the subtraction of the payroll we are doing to see without paying Kinsler and Richards and Johnson, which the three of them made about $25 million, you believe the team will probably only take on $30 million in commitments for this coming year?  I would assume because of some raises we will be seeing to players already here?  

That's what it sounds like. To make room for more payroll is there any chance this team can trade Cozart and have some other team eat his salary?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So even with the subtraction of the payroll we are doing to see without paying Kinsler and Richards and Johnson, which the three of them made about $25 million, you believe the team will probably only take on $30 million in commitments for this coming year?  I would assume because of some raises we will be seeing to players already here?  

Yes. 

So, basically we're facked. We cant afford chit, except to trade or sign marginal, versatile players who can play more than one position. And hope for Miracle-Gro crops from the farm.

Sounds a lot like the last few years. Great. I guess we can expect the same results, too.

This is depressing. Arte owns a franchise that is worth over a billion dollars and, as I recall, is taking in 150 million in TV money ALONE each year. And his paid attendance is over 3 mil per year at an average ticket price of probably 30-40 dollars. Plus the concessions, plus the parking. And he got 50 mil for the sale of that internet venture that MLB sold. And his rent from Anaheim is a good deal, too, as I recall.

What is wrong with this picture?

Get over the FA gun shyness, Arte! Get back up on that horse!! Crest that threshold!!!

Autry would have. LOL!! 

Arte needs to finally suck it up, and pay the overage tax on the tax threshold by 2021, to allow Trout and Simba to be re-signed.  

His signing of Pujols partly led to this impending situation.   That $24 million in 2021 could really be a help, if used to get someone in here starting in 2019.   Don't blame/impact negatively the Halos, for what you did after the 2011 season (hiring Dip*ssy and signing Pujols). 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

and now you've failed english and math.

image.jpeg

Dude did you read your own cartoon post?  It was replacing the quote from the idiot in the cartoon.

But that's fine if you are having fun.  I do think much of this is your panic if someone argues with JF, which is odd.

But I mostly like your posts.

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I hope we sign a catcher that can hit, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't do a single thing to the lineup for 2019.  Where they just roll with Cozart, Fletcher and JMF for 2b, 3b and platoon 1b/3b.  

I don't think Eppler is ready to start trading from the top of our farm system. 

If Eppler trades any of the top talent of the farm, it has to be for cost controlled high producers in their twenties.

Otherwise just keep them.

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If Eppler trades any of the top talent of the farm, it has to be for cost controlled high producers in their twenties.

Otherwise just keep them.

yes.  a Simmons type trade.  Like getting Eugenio Suarez.  

Adell having a great year was welll...great, but Marsh and Jones being just ok is kind of a bummer.   I would be interested to know if the seasons they had impacted their trade value.  

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Dude did you read your own cartoon post?  It was replacing the quote from the idiot in the cartoon.

this makes no sense.

also, Fletch doesn't need anyone to defend him. I was merely pointing out that your comment was wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

signing bonus is part of his contract.

salary includes signing bonus. 

accounting 101

drop mic GIF by Captain Obvious

Signing bonuses can be paid upfront or in yearly portions . The team trading for him isn’t responsible unless it’s agreed on. Padres have benefited the last two years of the contract. The a reason why they gave him a $15M signing bonus. 

8 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Signing bonuses can be paid upfront or in yearly portions . The team trading for him isn’t responsible unless it’s agreed on. Padres have benefited the last two years of the contract. The a reason why they gave him a $15M signing bonus. 

signing bonuses aren't a contractually guaranteed?