• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wil Myers

Jeff Fletcher

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Throwing some fresh meat into the pen....

Go!

Definitely interested, what would San Diego's motivation be though? They're a little light on OF prospects to go with their ridiculous farm, but why would they move a fairly productive, affordable, young player who fills a need?

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Definitely interested, what would San Diego's motivation be though? They're a little light on OF prospects to go with their ridiculous farm, but why would they move a fairly productive, affordable, young player who fills a need?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/myerswi01.shtml

Refresh your knowledge of Wil Myers. 

I am going to let you guys at this one for a while before I chime in. I think he's an interesting guy who could be viewed a lot of ways.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Throwing some fresh meat into the pen....

Go!

Pro's: He's a 1B/3B combo they are in the market for right now

He's signed through 2022

He's got power, speed and can draw a walk

Con's: Health is a bit a of a question

His value for the Angels will lie in his ability to play an adequate defensive 3B, that's still up for debate

His 109 lifetime OPS+ is showing his "decent" numbers are not a product of PETCO

I'm on board if the price is not too heavy in terms of prospects as the Angels would be on the hook for $22.5 mil per season starting 2020 for a guy that has yet to prove he's worth that kind of money.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If he can play 3B and they won't require a top-5 prospect from us, I'd do it. 

Do you think they would take Cozart and Ward for Myers?

They might...Myers is owed $67,500,000 from 2020 - 2022.  They may want the salary relief but that obviously puts us on the hook for another "Upton-esque" contract for three seasons.

I don't see any reason to believe he won't be the same underwhelming player he has been for the last few years.

Everyone expected him to settle into being a dangerous offensive player and it hasn't really happened.

He has 4 years $63m left on his contract.

Would you sign him to a 4/63 deal if he was a free agent??

Pass.

If we are going to look for a target, Eugenio Suarez.

27 yrs old.  Solid as it gets.  Under contract through 2024.

It is reasonable to believe he would be a solution at 3rd base for the next 5 years.

I am perfectly willing to trade something of value for him.

He isn't a rental, he isn't expensive, and he plays a position of need.

I would give them Jones or Marsh, Ward, and one of the pitchers in the Angels 10-15 ranking range.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

If we are going to look for a target, Eugenio Suarez.

27 yrs old.  Solid as it gets.  Under contract through 2024.

It is reasonable to believe he would be a solution at 3rd base for the next 5 years.

I am perfectly willing to trade something of value for him.

He isn't a rental, he isn't expensive, and he plays a position of need.

I would give them Jones or Marsh, Ward, and one of the pitchers in the Angels 10-15 ranking range.

Start your own thread! :)

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Start your own thread! :)

Back when the internet was new, the aol chat rooms were popular.  You enter a room called "Ford vs. Chevy" to talk about cars.

For fun my friends and I would go into these chat rooms and accidentally drift into a conversation about, say, needlepoint.

The room would bark us around telling us to leave but we would just calmly continue the conversation.

The goal was to see if we could fully clear the room (everyone but us leaves) with no hostility, no swearing and never breaking character that we legitimately were interested in needlepoint.

I have never ever laughed harder than some of those times.

The good old days.