• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 8/2 Angels @ Rays; No Trout, No Ohtani

2 hours ago, Semaj said:

Can't wait to buy tickets.  My wife and i and our 3 kids who work all have to request days off to do this.   It's not quite that easy.  Wish it was because that's exactly what I would do if possible.

Trying not to get involved in this very entertaining rock fight, but have you not seen the sh*t lineups that Scioscia throws out on day getaway games?

So, back to Ohtani....how long have the injections been used for the forearm issue over the past 4 years, and truly been successful?

Once (Tanaka)?   And even he has been somewhat meh with results since then, two solid years followed by two meh seasons (2017-18 = nearly 4.50 ERA).

Stretch it out until the season ends, but then it would seem to behoove Ohtani to get the surgery in early October, and be ready to hit by May/June 2019 and pitch by ST 2020?

8 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

So, the death-by-a-thousand-cuts season, continues. Two games under .500 for only the second time this season.

Somehow, it feels like we should be ten under, or more.........

Season low-point, up till now? I think so. 

But probably not the low-point of the season, yet. No, that's still to come.

A sweep by the Indians next up.

Hey everybody! MLB just released the playoff and WS schedule today. You can now make plans in your life around the Angel games in October!!

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-2018-postseason-schedule/c-288538936

I am interested because I will be attending a high end wedding and reception in Boston for a retiring Federal judge and his bride-to-be. The guy wants to have Dropkick Murphys play at his reception but they cant commit because they didnt know what dates a POTENTIAL WS game in Boston might be. Now he knows the potential dates. Apparently, Dropkick Murphys has done the national anthem at Sox WS games in the past.

It's supposed to take place at some famous bar. WTF do I know about Boston?  My God, he's paying for a rehearsal dinner at the Fairmont, bachelor and bachelorette parties in the days before. The guy has an Old World palette when it comes to wine, but is counting on me to provide him with some New World options for those of us who, uh, actually want some substance in our wines.

He's also a big Sox fan. I am having to overlook this little problem in the interest of being a part of all this. It's a week long thing, including Halloween.

Hey, if the Sox make the series, I will be the token outsider rooting for ANYONE but the Sox!