• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 8/2 Angels @ Rays; No Trout, No Ohtani

33 minutes ago, Lou said:

Trout is injured, doofus.

But I agree, Scioscia should have taken into account who a diehard fan like you, who hasn't attended a game in 14 years, wants in the lineup. 

LOL! he must be one of those so called casual fans...

1 minute ago, Semaj said:

Can't wait to buy tickets.  My wife and i and our 3 kids who work all have to request days off to do this.   It's not quite that easy.  Wish it was because that's exactly what I would do if possible.

Ya I mean I appreciate that, but you should understand what goes along with that lack of flexibility. 

3 minutes ago, Semaj said:

Lol, Why do grown ass men resort to name calling when disagreeing on here?

I take offense to that, I have a butt not an ass.  We also don't disagree about anything, we discuss things like any other 8 year olds.  I hope you are at the game, because it's starting.  You might miss Albert's next milestone.

1 hour ago, Semaj said:

Of course I bought tickets to this game back in April.  Scioscia do you even care to win or care to entertain your fanbase?  Shame on you.  I understand benching one even if there's no reason to today.  I can stomach that.  But benching both Ohtani and Trout.  Really??????  Disgusting.  My first Angel game since I lived in California in 2004.  It sucks being a fan of this inept franchise.  So damn disappointed with this lineup.

The very last thing Scioscia should care about is the fans.  

46 minutes ago, Semaj said:

First off, grow up, there is no need for the name calling.  I take it your older than 10.  Right?  And yes I just read he has a bruise.  And yes Scioscia should consider the paying fans when making a lineup card.  We are the reason they have a job and they are the reason we pay to watch mlb.  I didn't drive nearly 3 hour's and pay to take my family of 5 to Tampa to watch this crappy lineup play.  Ohtani should be playing.  Right handed pitcher.  Is Ohtani injured too?  Just love all you internet tough guys. 

You had me until you said Scioscia should take the fans into consideration in making out the lineup card.  Get into reality! He shouldn't give 2 cents to what the fans think!

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Have the Halos given thought to implementing the Rays' pitching strategy of reliever for two innings, and then a starter?

It seems to work fine for the Rays.

2019?   Employ that strategy, and go with 6 man rotation?   Good way to keep the innings controlled, and start off the games well?

The Rays are doing this because they don’t have starters.  Not because it’s a great strategy. 

Its complicated and has tons of moving parts.  The Angels have fine starters. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I believe created a thread on this. This is a great idea when your bullpen is worse than your starting rotation. Your best pitchers should be pitching in the late innings.

So you think it’s a good idea to constantly have a guy on probably 90+ pitches going in the 9th ? 

Whats the point of this if you’re still going to use a closer and set up man ? all you’ve done is eliminated flexibility if the “starting” pitcher doesn’t have it. 

1 hour ago, Semaj said:

First off, grow up, there is no need for the name calling.  I take it your older than 10.  Right?  And yes I just read he has a bruise.  And yes Scioscia should consider the paying fans when making a lineup card.  We are the reason they have a job and they are the reason we pay to watch mlb.  I didn't drive nearly 3 hour's and pay to take my family of 5 to Tampa to watch this crappy lineup play.  Ohtani should be playing.  Right handed pitcher.  Is Ohtani injured too?  Just love all you internet tough guys. 

lol

sitepandawhalecom GIF

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Has anyone talked to Kole, publically, about what has made the difference? Is it just a mental change or is he doing something different? What has he said?

Or was he honestly injured when he went on the DL? I thought that was kind of a bogus DL stint, but maybe not.

I hope he/they have figured it out and can keep him doing it.

I think the fact that his swing looks completely different is evident of the change. That's the only way he could succeed, the other way didn't work anymore.

Kidos to Kole for doing that. Most guys won't undertake a complete alteration of their swing like that at all let alone mid-season.

It's extended his career for sure.