Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

Gameday: 8/2 Angels @ Rays; No Trout, No Ohtani


Recommended Posts

Angels
1. David Fletcher (R) 2B
2. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
3. Justin Upton (R) LF
4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
5. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
6. Luis Valbuena (L) 1B
7. Kaleb Cowart (S) 3B
8. Jose Briceno (R) C
9. Eric Young Jr. (S) CF
 
Rays
1. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
2. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
3. Daniel Robertson (R) 2B
4. Tommy Pham (R) LF
5. C.J. Cron (R) DH
6. Jake Bauers (L) 1B
7. Carlos Gomez (R) RF
8. Willy Adames (R) SS
9. Jesus Sucre (R) C
Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Don’t need Trout and Sho-time cause we’ve got Kole.

Has anyone talked to Kole, publically, about what has made the difference? Is it just a mental change or is he doing something different? What has he said?

Or was he honestly injured when he went on the DL? I thought that was kind of a bogus DL stint, but maybe not.

I hope he/they have figured it out and can keep him doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Has anyone talked to Kole, publically, about what has made the difference? Is it just a mental change or is he doing something different? What has he said?

Or was he honestly injured when he went on the DL? I thought that was kind of a bogus DL stint, but maybe not.

I hope he/they have figured it out and can keep him doing it.

An instructor on the farm supposedly had him adjust his swing.   At least, that's what I remember hearing.

Isn't that supposed to be Hinske's job? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

An instructor on the farm supposedly had him adjust his swing.   At least, that's what I remember hearing.

Isn't that supposed to be Hinske's job? 

I’m sure that there are several components to Calhoun’s resurgence. An important one probably being away from the Angels for a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Semaj said:

Of course I bought tickets to this game back in April.  Scioscia do you even care to win or care to entertain your fanbase?  Shame on you.  I understand benching one even if there's no reason to today.  I can stomach that.  But benching both Ohtani and Trout.  Really??????  Disgusting.  My first Angel game since I lived in California in 2004.  It sucks being a fan of this inept franchise.  So damn disappointed with this lineup.

Trout is injured, doofus.

But I agree, Scioscia should have taken into account who a diehard fan like you, who hasn't attended a game in 14 years, wants in the lineup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Semaj said:

Of course I bought tickets to this game back in April.  Scioscia do you even care to win or care to entertain your fanbase?  Shame on you.  I understand benching one even if there's no reason to today.  I can stomach that.  But benching both Ohtani and Trout.  Really??????  Disgusting.  My first Angel game since I lived in California in 2004.  It sucks being a fan of this inept franchise.  So damn disappointed with this lineup.

We really need to bring back a hot take hall of fame thread

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Semaj said:

First off, grow up, there is no need for the name calling.  I take it your older than 10.  Right?  And yes I just read he has a bruise.  And yes Scioscia should consider the paying fans when making a lineup card.  We are the reason they have a job and they are the reason we pay to watch mlb.  I didn't drive nearly 3 hour's and pay to take my family of 5 to Tampa to watch this crappy lineup play.  Ohtani should be playing.  Right handed pitcher.  Is Ohtani injured too?  Just love all you internet tough guys. 

I think maybe the lesson here is that you wait to buy tickets if it’s really important that you see specific players.  I mean, I didn’t know that the Rays selling out was a huge issue.  What’s the crowd going to look like today ? I’m guessing less then 15k.  Lol the cameras make it look like there’s less then 8k. 

It’s sucks that you’re disappointed dude but nobody makes out a line up card thinking about what the fans want.  No one does that it any sport.  Doesn’t really make sense that you feel so personally offended. 

Sorry it didn’t work out for you.  Try and enjoy the game.  You did drive 3 hours. 

Edited by UndertheHalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Semaj said:

First off, grow up, there is no need for the name calling.  I take it your older than 10.  Right?  And yes I just read he has a bruise.  And yes Scioscia should consider the paying fans when making a lineup card.  We are the reason they have a job and they are the reason we pay to watch mlb.  I didn't drive nearly 3 hour's and pay to take my family of 5 to Tampa to watch this crappy lineup play.  Ohtani should be playing.  Right handed pitcher.  Is Ohtani injured too?  Just love all you internet tough guys. 

Scioscia needs to consider winning when filling out the line-up card...the residual benefit goes to the fans.

Trout jammed his wrist, that's a fact...that happened.  Does he push him on the day after the injury, potentially aggravating further,  or does he give him a couple of days off and prevent a DL visit?  

Also, the Rays Stadium's artificial turf is notoriously brutal on visiting player's legs...it was the reason Trout was DH-ing yesterday.  Additionally, Pujols just got his knee drained prior to the All Star game and missed the first three games at Houston coming back from the DL so they are going to save his legs as well hence why is DH0ing today.  

Finally, Ohtani can only DH and, since Pujols is in there today, he's not hitting.

Elementary...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...