• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 8/2 Angels @ Rays; No Trout, No Ohtani

I have game notifications on my apple watch...and am watching it via streaming on my laptop which has a 30 second delay...so it's kind of awesome, I get pre-notified on my watch that the Angels are about to suck so I can make sure I don't miss it.

Just now, red321 said:

I have game notifications on my apple watch...and am watching it via streaming on my laptop which has a 30 second delay...so it's kind of awesome, I get pre-notified on my watch that the Angels are about to suck so I can make sure I don't miss it.

If only we could predict other disasters in this way ! Like earthquakes !

30 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So you think it’s a good idea to constantly have a guy on probably 90+ pitches going in the 9th ? 

Whats the point of this if you’re still going to use a closer and set up man ? all you’ve done is eliminated flexibility if the “starting” pitcher doesn’t have it. 

My thought is the reliever pitching the first inning or two, then the starter pitching the next 5-6 innings, and then finish the game (8-9 innings) with your best relievers.

With a 6 man rotation, the starters would each not pitch over 135-162 innings, the not-so-good reliever starts the game, and the best relievers combine to take on innings 8-9.

Obviously, have to account for those games where the starter struggles and can only go 3-4 innings.    

Tank, tank, tank!!!!    (No, not you tank)

Are the starters hitting the wall, after missing a lot of games and not being used to the workload this season? 

Tampa Bay ain't THAT good of an offense!

Maybe by 2020, the Halos will actually have a 6 man pitching rotation that can all pitch at least 160 innings without wearing down? 

1 hour ago, Semaj said:

First off, grow up, there is no need for the name calling.  I take it your older than 10.  Right?  And yes I just read he has a bruise.  And yes Scioscia should consider the paying fans when making a lineup card.  We are the reason they have a job and they are the reason we pay to watch mlb.  I didn't drive nearly 3 hour's and pay to take my family of 5 to Tampa to watch this crappy lineup play.  Ohtani should be playing.  Right handed pitcher.  Is Ohtani injured too?  Just love all you internet tough guys. 

Damn, tough break. I once bought tickets and planned a trip to finally see Allen Iverson play before he called it a career (he was my favorite player growing up). I can’t remember if he was traded or injured but I didn’t get to see him. 

Then there’s always my trip to the SB to see our sh!tty team sh!t the bed. What an “experience” that was...

Anyways, have a few beers and just enjoy some afternoon baseball. This team freaking blows regardless of who is in the lineup.

It's gotten to the point where there has got to be more to it than just Scioscia's incompetence regarding Valbuena starting.  It's one thing to be stubborn but another to just be so dumb that you can't see how bad Luis is.  The fact that Billy hasn't traded/released or that Scioscia doesn't use him only as a pinch hitter means something else is going on here.  I'm going with my default and that's money.  Billy put too much faith in Marte who also stinks but he's younger and doesn't have as many at bats and Valbuena should have been replaced with a farm guy but money wise, Moreno doesn't want to spend it and start the clock on those guys.  Pathetic but Moreno is the big boss man so oh well.