• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Must-win game Tuesday

Glen

We know it's over but we're all rooting for some sort of epic/historical run that would make baseball fun again.  

I really expected us to be better this year.  Better than we were.  Better than we are.  

It's hard to believe how much has gone wrong.  Richards, Middleton, Calhoun, Valbuena, Kinsler Maldonado, Upton, Cozart, Pujols,  the bullpen.  

What's been good?  Skaggs, Trout being Trout.  Heaney has been solid. Ohtani hitting? Simmons being Simmons.  

This season sucks not only because of poor performance and injury, but because an important process of Eppler and his staff has been miserable.  The ability to appropriately evaluate rentals and have them add value to the team has been a massive fail by that crew for two years in a row.  Turns out his bullpen success last year was just luck.  

I'm still excited about what has been built in the farm system and the potential of several young players like Barria and Fletcher at the major league level and others in the minors.  I understand that baseball is a game of imperfection.  

But Eppler has to be better going forward.  I know that's probably unfair, but there's no other choice.  There's no room for him to be decent or solid.  It has to be very good to great.  I'll forgive prior transgressions if he can lock up Trout for three additional years and create a five year window.  

Pick me out a winner Billy.  

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

To be honest, Billy’s record on finding one or two year players SUCKS!!!!!

Kinsler, SUCKS!

Valnobuena, SUCKS!

Marte, SUCKS!

The many relievers this season, SUCKS!

Escobar, SUCKED!

Wait! Angels signed Justin "Gold Glove" Upton...who has K'd 117 times in 98 games. You sayin' he sucks too?

Image result for angels justin upton strikes out argue

I like Eppler and I think he's done a great job of building the minor league system back up to a high level - but overall, he's done a very poor job this season.  I don't think many of us want to admit it, but that's the truth.  Not much has worked out for the better this season.  Kinsler and Cozart haven't had much of an impact other than a negative one.  The bullpen is probably not quite as bad as we make it out to be - but it's not anywhere as good as it should be.  Eppler's failure to address Valbuena's poor performance also looms large. 

Yes, the team has had a ton of injuries that has severely impacted the team and I acknowledge that. 

I"m just hopeful that Eppler has learned something from this season and can apply those lessons to making the team better going forward.  I'd give him a "C" overall.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I like Eppler and I think he's done a great job of building the minor league system back up to a high level - but overall, he's done a very poor job this season.  I don't think many of us want to admit it, but that's the truth.  Not much has worked out for the better this season.  Kinsler and Cozart haven't had much of an impact other than a negative one.  The bullpen is probably not quite as bad as we make it out to be - but it's not anywhere as good as it should be.  Eppler's failure to address Valbuena's poor performance also looms large. 

Yes, the team has had a ton of injuries that has severely impacted the team and I acknowledge that. 

I"m just hopeful that Eppler has learned something from this season and can apply those lessons to making the team better going forward.  I'd give him a "C" overall.

This years team had plenty of potential as a contender. Teams like Seattle and Oakland should of been eating out dust. We were never on the same level of teams like Houston, Boston, New York, and Cleveland . 

You can’t fault the GM, Manager, coaches, and players. The offense wasn’t what we all hoped but the team is ranked 14th in runs scored. 

Injuries to our starters and relievers unfortunately kept the team from contending. 

I give Eppler a B-  this season. I was disappointed with his effort to help the club in July. 

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

We know it's over but we're all rooting for some sort of epic/historical run that would make baseball fun again.  

I really expected us to be better this year.  Better than we were.  Better than we are.  

It's hard to believe how much has gone wrong.  Richards, Middleton, Calhoun, Valbuena, Kinsler Maldonado, Upton, Cozart, Pujols,  the bullpen.  

What's been good?  Skaggs, Trout being Trout.  Heaney has been solid. Ohtani hitting? Simmons being Simmons.  

This season sucks not only because of poor performance and injury, but because an important process of Eppler and his staff has been miserable.  The ability to appropriately evaluate rentals and have them add value to the team has been a massive fail by that crew for two years in a row.  Turns out his bullpen success last year was just luck.  

I'm still excited about what has been built in the farm system and the potential of several young players like Barria and Fletcher at the major league level and others in the minors.  I understand that baseball is a game of imperfection.  

But Eppler has to be better going forward.  I know that's probably unfair, but there's no other choice.  There's no room for him to be decent or solid.  It has to be very good to great.  I'll forgive prior transgressions if he can lock up Trout for three additional years and create a five year window.  

Pick me out a winner Billy.  

Well said Doc.  For me what hurts the most (and makes me angry) is that the Angels have wasted another year of Trout.  It seems like we keep saying "next year will be the year" all the while Trout is getting older and possibly closer to leaving.  It is just very frustrating.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Probably the best thing about this season for me is that my daughter has had a resurgence of interest in going to ball games again. We've been to four so far and have another one coming up in August against the A's. 

I also got a new hat.

New hats are rad, I got the cammy one at the last game I attended.

Besides that....