• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Get your Cancer Signs ready for tonight

yk9001

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How bout you don’t say stupid shit like “I don’t care about your cancer mom” and then repeating it.  You could simply make your point without saying that, but to be edgy and you, you choose to say it.  It is a bullshit comment and you know it.  

I think he was making an @EnglishCop joke because you said to instead of too

8 minutes ago, laagamer said:

That was actually disgusting to read.

This is why we should have a no politics policy. 

Sorry about your Mom by the way. Politics aside, YK is being a giant something something about that.

I appreciate the comment but it's not owed.  Thank you though.  I wasn't looking for sympathy I just had an instinct that an argument against me might be along the lines of "Well you might change your mind if it happened to your family" so I included the detail about my mom to clarify that my position was not one of personal convenience insulated from the problem.

And you are right, politics on message boards don't typically go well, and I do make the mistake of engaging sometimes when there is realistically little hope of it being productive.

You are right.

EVERYBODY has family members, or themselves who have had to deal with cancer, or died from cancer.

And yet stopping a game every year to hold up a sign doesn't seem to be helping.  

And here's another thing that doesn't help: Denying people health insurance at regular rates, because of pre-existing conditions.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would guess about half of all cancer doctors are Democrats.  Why are you not cursing them for not offering free services to people with cancer?  Isn't that the easiest answer?

That is a lot easier answer than demanding millions of other people basically work for free to earn money they won't get because it goes to pay for a forced higher premium that has nothing to do with their personal health risk, goes to a profit based insurance company that takes a chunk.

I think you don't have the courage to keep it simple and just call cancer doctors out for refusing to work for free, Democrat doctors included.

My mother died of cancer at an age too young.  Nobody else on this planet was responsible for her disease.  It was tragic.  But I never was so adolescent to believe her personal misfortune magically becomes everyone else's problem to solve.

And if I did, then it would only make sense to be upset that there were not cancer doctors giving her free healthcare that nobody had to be forced to pay for.

Well guess what?  Doctors are not expected to work for free to take care of someone else's problem.  If we accept that, then the adult logic says we should not expect non-doctors to be forced to pay for someone else's problem.

And frankly, if this is your passion, go to school to become a cancer doctor and treat people for free or donate 100% of your money to pay for it.

Or, keep all your own money, don't go to medical school to help people, and just call Republicans names for being exactly as greedy as you are with their time and money.

The boldfaced comment is right on.    Why has health insurance become such big business?    yk is spot on with his "pre-existing conditions" comment.   Why should a health insurance company not accept a new patient with a pre-existing condition at regular costs, for which they did NOT contribute to the condition themselves, like colon cancer, breast cancer?    

I'm sorry for your mom's passing at too young of an age.     Nothing can make up for that.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

EVERYBODY has family members, or themselves who have had to deal with cancer, or died from cancer.

And yet stopping a game every year to hold up a sign doesn't seem to be helping.  

And here's another thing that doesn't help: Denying people health insurance at regular rates, because of pre-existing conditions.

So homelessness is a huge problem.  Drug addiction is a huge problem.  Lots of huge problems.  What are the ones you want the government (i.e. all of us) to pay for and which aren't?

19 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

How about the republicans not allowing insurance companies to deny care to people with pre-existing conditions?  Would that be too much to ask?

That is the only one that matters to you?

Homelessness doesn't though?  How about mental health?  How about education?  Why are pre-existing conditions the one you are uppity about?

For the record, I don't like this pre-existing clause by the insurance companies.  But there are plenty of things I don't like.

I guess my only point is there are plenty of things that are bad that the government could spend our money on.  I just don't know how you quantify which ones are most important.

Regardless, I agree with you that these "Stand up to ________" days are stupid and unnecessary. 

52 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

When MLB does a hokey "Stand up for Homelessness" campaign every year, I will start a thread then.

Great idea, except I just found out that MLB thought people starting threads on message boards was totally stupid and hokey so they decided to launch players holding signs.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-celebrates-10-year-anniversary-of-stand-up-to-cancer-which-has-raised-43m-for-research/

Kolten Wong of the Cardinals also lost his mother to cancer. 

"It's amazing that Major League Baseball is going out of their way to promote this," he said. "Cancer is something that I have personally been affected by, so for me it's always cool to be able to do that. I got a chance to throw my mom's name up when I was in the World Series in 2013 right before she passed away. I think the sport of baseball doing this is huge. We have such a big platform and to be able to use it to promote cancer research and trying to figure out how to get rid of cancer, it's definitely something I am happy to be a part of."

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-celebrates-10-year-anniversary-of-stand-up-to-cancer-which-has-raised-43m-for-research/

Kolten Wong of the Cardinals also lost his mother to cancer. 

"It's amazing that Major League Baseball is going out of their way to promote this," he said. "Cancer is something that I have personally been affected by, so for me it's always cool to be able to do that. I got a chance to throw my mom's name up when I was in the World Series in 2013 right before she passed away. I think the sport of baseball doing this is huge. We have such a big platform and to be able to use it to promote cancer research and trying to figure out how to get rid of cancer, it's definitely something I am happy to be a part of."

“Fuck Kolten Wong’s Mom”

-some edgy dude on AW

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

“Fuck Kolten Wong’s Mom”

-some edgy dude on AW

$43 million for cancer research should instead be used to pay big pharma and their out of control medication costs for Billy Bob's diabetes and ephysema treatments because he sat on the couch smoking 4 packs a day eating snickers wrapped in bologna for 30 years.

There are a lot of things to fix about healthcare in this country.  Stand up to cancer isn't one of them.    

I am just curious what exactly is MY fair share of paying for the medical bills for a 300lb. dude who smokes with heart disease and diabetes?

And what is his fair share of paying for my kids vaccinations?

Is there a cross reference chart to see how we split this up?