• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Get your Cancer Signs ready for tonight

yk9001

10 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

What did your mom do to get cancer?

If you want to be civil, I have no problem answering.

She got colon cancer.  She was a smoker.  Doctors said there is no medical way to connect smoking to colon cancer in her case but common sense and statistics suggest they were likely related.

She was definitely not a health nut, and probably typical for her generation.

Whether or not her cancer was 100% her fault or 100% not her fault does not change my opinion that her medical problems were nobody else's problem to fix.

Something being sad or hard, to me, doesn't trigger a financial reaponsibility to be placed on another individual that have nothing to do with the sad story.

Things are not fair.  Adding another element of something not fair  (requiring others to pay for someone else's increased risk) doesn't make sense to me.

I think my reasoning is sound, and I just dont think it helps anything at all to call people who have this reasoning hideous monsters.

Some ugly things happen to people in this world and we just can't attack each other to spend away that negative energy that happens inside us because we care.

Nobody owed my mother anything from her situation.  Sad but true (in my book).

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

She got colon cancer.  She was a smoker.  Doctors said there is no medical way to connect smoking to colon cancer in her case but common sense and statistics suggest they were likely related.

My mom died the exact same way.  Except it was breast cancer.  She got colon cancer 30 years ago, they miraculously took a tube of her colon out, without it spreading, then she and my dad proceeded to smoke more for the next few decades.

I don't want to be in the business of parsing out health care like it was magic beans.  We pay for every single penny of healthcare for old people through medicare, and nobody bitches.

Allowing normal adults to have to go into bankruptcy because they switched jobs, or got laid off, then denied coverage, is abhorrent.

18 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

My mom died the exact same way.  Except it was breast cancer.  She got colon cancer 30 years ago, they miraculously took a tube of her colon out, without it spreading, then she and my dad proceeded to smoke more for the next few decades.

I don't want to be in the business of parsing out health care like it was magic beans.  We pay for every single penny of healthcare for old people through medicare, and nobody bitches.

Allowing normal adults to have to go into bankruptcy because they switched jobs, or got laid off, then denied coverage, is abhorrent.

I am sorry you lost your mom.

Having insurance companies trade existing problems  (someone who has been insured going to a different insurance company for a different job for example) is different from forcing insurance company to accept previously uninsured people with pre-existing conditions.

Economic swaps between old and new insurance companies is really not that hard to figure out.

But just adding a new person in a high-risk pool when they had no insurance before is not mathematically solvable unless you are doing something unfair economically to people who have been paying their premiums.

2 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Do people actually pay their medical bills? Like I imagine the average person goes to get, say, an MRI, gets a bill in the mail for $587,000, and just throws it in the trash. It's almost comical. 

I would think bills of that nature can not only destroy your credit but also get you into legal trouble. 

America is great.