• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

25 minutes ago, Rico said:

Kavanaugh did that on his own.  How he handled the situation was all his doing.

If this is the hope that the opposition hangs their hopes on, we're fucked. We're so fucked. At this point the ineptness of the opposition borders on complicity. 

24 minutes ago, Rico said:

He didn't know the guy, has no reason whatsoever in this situation to engage with him. It doesn't matter what the guy said or even if he has his hand out. He wasn't supposed to try and make contact with Kavanaugh in that building, at that time, it was innapropriate and received a appropriate response of being shunned while also garnering the attention of security.

What you won't accept is that he crossed the line. His own admission was he was there to subterfuge the nomination and security should have never let him in the building. And that is actually another point, he really should not have been allowed withing 50 feet of Kavanaugh after his Twitter posts. 

So rage on as if this wasn't a staged event. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

If you look at the video, he stopped, then saw the security start to approach the guy. At that point he looked confused and then turned away. Do we even know he heard what the man was saying to him? Even if he did, it takes a moment to process this, while the security is moving in. I think he was startled and instinct took over to move away from an unknown possible threat, in the context of the abuse he endured all day long and the overall intimidating atmosphere. Guttenberg and he never got close enough to each other to have any meaningful interaction or chance for Kavanaugh to deliberately refuse to shake his hand. The whole thing happened in seconds.

Edited by fan_since79

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

He didn't know the guy, has no reason whatsoever in this situation to engage with him. It doesn't matter what the guy said or even if he has his hand out. He wasn't supposed to try and make contact with Kavanaugh in that building, at that time, it was innapropriate and received a appropriate response of being shunned while also garnering the attention of security.

What you won't accept is that he crossed the line. His own admission was he was there to subterfuge the nomination and security should have never let him in the building. And that is actually another point, he really should not have been allowed withing 50 feet of Kavanaugh after his Twitter posts. 

So rage on as if this wasn't a staged event. 

He was invited by Feinstein so he only had good intentions with no political motivation

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

If you look at the video, he stopped, then saw the security start to approach the guy. At that point he looked confused and then turned away. Do we even know he heard what the man was saying to him? Even if he did, it takes a moment to process this, while the security is moving in. I think he was startled and instinct took over to move away from an unknown possible threat, in the context of the abuse he endured all day long and the overall intimidating atmosphere. Guttenberg and he never got close enough to each other to have any meaningful interaction or chance for Kavanaugh to deliberately refuse to shake his hand. The whole thing happened in seconds.

According to the Dems it's enough to not confirm him. 

No legal scholar at all, but i think its just more propaganda.  
No the constitution doesnt specifically mention the word privacy, but many other legal case work does.  Even if RvW were overturned on those grounds, there has simply been to much case law regarding the subject for the entire thing to do a 180 overnight. 
None of this has anything to do with Kavanaugh though... his views arent the issue, who is appointing him is, its just a way to rile up the extremist left on a Tuesday, nothing more.

I think they're worried that he'll be there, along with enough other conservatives, to overturn Roe v. Wade a decade from now. The court will have to chip away at the precedent in stages to make that happen.

Kavanaugh is only 53 years old. He might have 30 years on the court.

Wait until Ginzburg retires (or dies). Amy Coney Barrett, if she's nominated, will provoke a firestorm like we've never seen before. A young, pro-life woman judge. 

It's always about abortion with the Dems.

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I think they're worried that he'll be there, along with enough other conservatives, to overturn Roe v. Wade a decade from now. The court will have to chip away at the precedent in stages to make that happen.

Kavanaugh is only 53 years old. He might have 30 years on the court.

Wait until Ginzburg retires (or dies). Amy Coney Barrett, if she's nominated, will provoke a firestorm like we've never seen before. A young, pro-life woman judge. 

It's always about abortion with the Dems.

RvW isn’t changing. It’s just stirring up fear for the Democratic base 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

This man was invited there by stupid Feinstein and had been tweeting that he wants to prevent this man from getting confirmed to the SCOTUS. He was not there grieving his daughter. His motives were obviously political. This scene was staged to make Kavanaugh look bad. Had it been in a different setting, I’m certain it goes down a different way. Just read this man’s twitter page. 

Maybe it’s something he legitimately believes in.  And his grief for his daughter is what motivates him. It couldn’t possibly be that could it ? 

Pretty gross the way you’re trying frame this dude. 

I get you’re a gun guy man.  Some people believe in their cores that the 2nd amendment is bullshit.  Or at least that the current circumstances as a result of the existence of the 2nd amendment are.  You can disagree.  But you don’t need to pretend that they’re insincere. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Maybe it’s something he legitimately believes in.  And his grief for his daughter is what motivates him. It couldn’t possibly be that could it ? 

Pretty gross the way you’re trying frame this dude. 

I get you’re a gun guy man.  Some people believe in their cores that the 2nd amendment is bullshit.  You can disagree.  But you don’t need to pretend that they’re insincere. 

I don't think anyone is saying he is insincere.  I'm sure he feels very strongly about it.  I just think it was a set-up and that it was a stunt.  

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

I don't think anyone is saying he is insincere.  I'm sure he feels very strongly about it.  I just think it was a set-up and that it was a stunt.  

No MT, that’s exactly what Jason is saying.  He’s saying that he’s trying to make a scene to score points with the anti gun crowd because he has political ambitions.  That’s exact what Jason is saying.  

A terrible take. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

No MT, that’s exactly what Jason is saying.  He’s saying that he’s trying to make a scene to score points with the anti gun crowd because he has political ambitions.  That’s exact what Jason is saying.  

A terrible take. 

Maybe you should let Jason say what he meant.  He said it was a political move, that is all.  

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Everyone knows the GOP is going to get their guy.  The Democrats can’t stop it.  

I just hope that one of these days the Democrats get pay back.   They better have the balls to make sure they do if they can. 

I hope the country doesn't get swallowed up by this payback is a bitch mode.  For years that is what most things have been about, not making the country better.  As a guy that has no dog in this fight, I feel like those of us without a side keep getting caught up in this battle like civilian casualties.