• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Kamala validating the idiotic outbursts from the protesters they brought in to disrupt the meeting is farcical. These really should be closed door to the public but broadcasted unedited. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i think she's looked like a giant tool so far. she interrupted the opening statement by the chair tuesday trying to shut down the hearings, and it's just gone downhill from there.

She and Booker are just putting on a show for their base. They both have White House aspirations and are just getting their supporters stirred up. If there were no cameras then these hearings would be totally different. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Booker’s attempt to make himself look good for 2020 is pathetic 

Corey Booker is the master of virtue signalling and pandering. I imagine he learned this in high school and college as a way to  get at liberal poontang, and then it transferred to his political career and wearing pussy hats. 

3 hours ago, Schildog said:

It's stupid to have it open to the public but the fact it's massively pissing off blarg and all the other Republicans here is hilarious.

It's not pissing me off, I'm just kind of confused as to why this has spiraled so out of control and the room wasn't cleared to restore some respectability to the prodeedings. This is not a reasonable nor respectable way to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

It's not pissing me off, I'm just kind of confused as to why this has spiraled so out of control and the room wasn't cleared to restore some respectability to the prodeedings. This is not a reasonable nor respectable way to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. 

It's been decades since politicians in this country have been reasonable or respectable.

It's a street fight now and the parties fight dirty. The minority party screams and yells and the rhetoric verges on apocalyptic. When Obama was president he was the worst threat to the nation there ever was, according to many conservatives and the GOP.

Now Trump is a mortal threat to democracy, and Kavanaugh is the devil who will destroy women, children, and old people if he's let loose on the court.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

She and Booker are just putting on a show for their base. They both have White House aspirations and are just getting their supporters stirred up. If there were no cameras then these hearings would be totally different. 

That explains everything.

That said after (if) Kavanaugh is confirmed, i think Trumps only chance at re-election is if Bernie runs as a 3rd party candidate, final months of election campaign Bernie dies of old age but is still running cause they still think he's alive via his staff putting sun glasses on him.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

He was lying too. The most pathetic grandstanding ever

Sooooo it's a matter of style then?

I say that because nobody here seems to care that Kavanaugh apparently lied under oath while trying to get a job on the judiciary, but some find it pretty crappy that Booker lied while grandstanding in an attempt to kickstart a campaign to get a job (POTUS).

A+ for consistency, y'all.

19 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I say that because nobody here seems to care that Kavanaugh apparently lied under oath while trying to get a job on the judiciary, but some find it pretty crappy that Booker lied while grandstanding in an attempt to kickstart a campaign to get a job (POTUS).

If he actually lied under oath, that is a crime and he won't be confirmed. It's hard to sort out the truths from the fake stuff anymore

26 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Or people don't care that Booker lied and do care that Kavanaugh did.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

If he actually lied under oath, that is a crime and he won't be confirmed. It's hard to sort out the truths from the fake stuff anymore

He certainly could be confirmed despite lying under oath. It's very likely to happen.

There are two possible scenarios here, one which I find nearly impossible to believe:

1) He really didn't know what he was looking at despite context clues provided within the documents and conversations he actually had with others about them.

If this is the case, then he's certainly not sharp enough to serve on the freaking SCOTUS. I don't care which way you lean, if you're going to be a Supreme Court judge you had better be smarter than the average bear.

The thing is, it can't be the case. This guy is EXTREMELY smart. Judges who deal with the volumes of material that guys like him do have minds that are freaking steel traps and are capable of very complicated reasoning.

orrrr...

2) He lied under oath about the documents he received.

So: this guy lied under oath, and he's going to be on the SCOTUS soon enough.