• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Maybe it’s something he legitimately believes in.  And his grief for his daughter is what motivates him. It couldn’t possibly be that could it ? 

Pretty gross the way you’re trying frame this dude. 

I get you’re a gun guy man.  Some people believe in their cores that the 2nd amendment is bullshit.  Or at least that the current circumstances as a result of the existence of the 2nd amendment are.  You can disagree.  But you don’t need to pretend that they’re insincere. 

He was not there to just get to known Kavanaugh and introduce himself. If anything, Feinstein used him as a prop. He is passionate about his cause and that’s fine. He has also, voluntarily, put himself into the national spotlight for gun control. He’s not immune to the backlash that comes with it. I’m not belittling his grief of losing a child. I’ve been through it myself so I know the feeling. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

No MT, that’s exactly what Jason is saying.  He’s saying that he’s trying to make a scene to score points with the anti gun crowd because he has political ambitions.  That’s exact what Jason is saying.  

A terrible take. 

Not political ambitions. Political motivations. Seriously, read his twitter page. He flat out stated he was going to DC to do whatever he could to prevent his conformation 

21 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

After the way he was treated (read: intimidated) and with all the crazies screaming and disrupting the hearing earlier, he may have felt hyper-alert at a stranger approaching him, unexpected and completely out of the ordinary routine. I would have moved away too if I were him.

am i the only one wondering how a complete stranger was able to get that close to a SCOTUS nominee at his hearing? seems like there should be better security for this, especially given how much lunacy there was from the audience (and dais) yesterday.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

am i the only one wondering how a complete stranger was able to get that close to a SCOTUS nominee at his hearing? seems like there should be better security for this, especially given how much lunacy there was from the audience (and dais) yesterday.

He was a guest of Senator Dianne Feinstein 

The circus courts such as the 9th circus court of appeals will have alot of work to do throwing out state laws if certain SCOTUS decisions are reversed.

The appeals courts will probably be the ones throwing out state laws regarding abortion.

Blue states could prepare by legalizing abortion on a state level.

Red states will be wasting alot of money banning it on the state level to only have to thrown out by another court.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

She's trying to score points with the new left.

To some they consider Feinstein to be too conservative. What a sad world when Feinstein is being told She's not a Liberal.

Its like when Barry Goldwater said the new right considers him to be too liberal.

6 hours ago, floplag said:

No legal scholar at all, but i think its just more propaganda.  
No the constitution doesnt specifically mention the word privacy, but many other legal case work does.  Even if RvW were overturned on those grounds, there has simply been to much case law regarding the subject for the entire thing to do a 180 overnight. 

it's a bullet point that's used to scare the masses. if somehow RvW was overturned, i think you'd see all 50 states act quickly to come up with their own version of it.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

i get that but my question is more about how physically close he was able to get to the nominee. it would be akin to me going to an angels game and hoping over the wall by the dugout so i could shake hands with trout after he comes off the field.

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

i get that but my question is more about how physically close he was able to get to the nominee. it would be akin to me going to an angels game and hoping over the wall by the dugout so i could shake hands with trout after he comes off the field.

I'm guessing someone with authority,  in regards to security, allowed it. 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

it's a bullet point that's used to scare the masses. if somehow RvW was overturned, i think you'd see all 50 states act quickly to come up with their own version of it.

Basically, though i doubt it ever would as the argument that the word itself inst in the constitution was basically ignored in the first place.