• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Luke Heimlich be Signed by an Organization?

m0nkey

4 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I would do it. The circumstances are shady, but let's assume he's guilty. The guy made a mistake, does he need to be punished forever for it?

If there was ever a team that needed to take this type of risk, it's the angels. The current roster is very old and there's not much help on the way for a very long time.

Wrong

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You are so full of shit. At fifteen you have your parents looking at lawyer fees up the ass, the Lawyer telling you you're going to lose which means say bye bye until you are 18 at a juvenile facility then you get bounced to the adult facility. You would be shitting your pants and be looking at a deal with no jail time and a sealed record. You would roll over for that and you are lying saying at 15 you'd stand your ground. Just flat out lying. 

People plea out every day without being guilty. Sometimes it's the only way to get out of that situation in one piece. This kid took the plea and no one was supposed to delve into his past and drag it out since it was supposed to be a sealed file. The courts fucked  up and a reporter decided on his own to burn the kid even though legally he wasn't supposed to have access to the case.

So quit the high and mighty shit. 

And before you say something Facking stupid that I support child molesters I'm going to tell you now this subject matter has zero tolerance in my life. 

You are so wrong, this is where being 15 comes into play.He was charged as a juvenile and his records were sealed.He would not have been any more jail time after turning 18.He fucked up and didn't report a change of address to his probation office.He violated his probation that is why the news came out,Don't give me this bullshit he was facing years of adult jail,that is just not true.His own brother said he thinks he did it.You say you have zero tolerance,seems like you don't if he is this guy.He is CONVICTED plain and simple.I'm sorry you think I'm all high and mighty because I believe in the courts decision.You need to read what he had to do just to get this plea, his statement to the court.

the forgiving side of me says if he paid his debt to society than he deserves a chance.

i think if a team is interested in signing him, they can gauge fan reaction by how he's treated in the minors by fans and teammates. would give you an idea of what he would face in the majors. i wonder how he's been treated at OSU? they've certainly had to deal with this in ways you and i don't know.

i'm not advocating one way or the other with him. i'm not really sure what i'd do, TBH.

1 hour ago, artesmustache said:

Horseshit. No lawyer or parent tells him to sign the document he signed if he was innocent. Furthermore, if you're 15 and sign that document knowing you didn't do what it said, you're a moron.

You are a complete idiot. 

3 hours ago, failos said:

Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins. That's it. 

re scotty:

Not sure why being a Christian means we should welcome this guy with open arms. I believe in Jesus too, but I won't go around welcoming this molesting pitcher to the team.

That's the opposite of what I'm advocating. I said we shouldn't sign him.