• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Luke Heimlich be Signed by an Organization?

m0nkey

9 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

No the justice system was called to do that and he's guilty. Also, if you want to play the religious card, God gave me judgement, I'm going to use it.

Oh I agree, God did give you the ability to judge. Now, what did he in scripture tell you to do with it? 

After reading what his crime was, I say HELL NO. In fact I hope his arm falls off.

Also got to take into consideration that one of his team mates might beat the shit out of him & end up arrested thus effecting the roster in a vastly negative way. Plus the MeToo movement might start a protest of the Angels if they signed Heimlich.

1 minute ago, 2020worldseries said:

Child molestors are sub human.

I guess the justice department has never ever convicted som one who was innocent. 

What if he didn’t do it and your judging someone you don’t know? 

I just find it hard to believe OSU would let him join their org believing he did

obvuously I could be wrong

He pled GUILTY!!! what more is there to say.Don't plead guilty if you are not.Now after the fact when his baseball career is in trouble he is now saying I didn't do it.Bullshit

1 minute ago, 2020worldseries said:

Child molestors are sub human.

I guess the justice department has never ever convicted som one who was innocent. 

What if he didn’t do it and your judging someone you don’t know? 

I just find it hard to believe OSU would let him join their org believing he did

obvuously I could be wrong

You find it easier to believe that he plead guilty to molesting a 6 year old than a major college athletics team would allow a sexual predator who helps them win on their team? MSU allowed their team Dr. - not even a player, the Dr. - to molest 150 girls. And the admin is still covering for him. 

There's innocent until proven guilty, but I guess now if you're talented we have to go with the "Innocent until everyone in your life shuns you" standard of proof.

But you're probably right, OSU thought he was okay...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMig9fTx6Y

Everybody in here is innocent. Don't you know that?

5 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He pled GUILTY!!! what more is there to say.Don't plead guilty if you are not.Now after the fact when his baseball career is in trouble he is now saying I didn't do it.Bullshit

Yeah your definitely right. Just the thought of all his teammates and coaches at OSU accepting him makes it weird. Why would they stay silent and let him play? If I was on his team and had any doubt I’d beat the shit out of him. But pleading guilty makes it impossible for him to make an argument

31 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He is not being punished forever, he can go do anything he wants. He lost any choice in some matters when he decided to molest his brothers daughter. I don't care what kind of legal advice he got he still pled guilty, would any of you plead guilty  to sexual assault on a child if you didn't do it.There's no way in hell I would.The victim in this case is being punished for the rest of her life, does that not matter to you guys who say he shouldn't be punished for the rest of his life.How would you feel if it was YOUR daughter,niece or granddaughter, might be a different story.Just my opinion.

Bra, he was 15, he could have easily been coerced at such a young age. 

My sister accused her husband of molesting their 7 year old daughter. My niece fell and scraped her knee, and then she asked her father to kiss her knee so it can feel better.

My niece then told her mom that "Daddy kissed her down there" and my sister called the police and claimed he kissed her daughter's vaginal area.  My sister knew it was on the knee but she wanted to punish her husband for not giving her money for marijuana.  He was in jail for several weeks before the judge threw the case out.  

Cute story eh?

Some women are psycho, and some police lie in order to get a confession.  It's not always as cut and dry as you think.

3 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

he was 15.  Did you read the entire story?  His attorney told him that he was likely to lose and that he should take the plea deal.  His parents agreed.  Are you telling me that most 15 year olds would have an understanding of this complex situation?  

I have no idea if he's innocent or guilty.  If he is guilty then he's not wired right and never will be.  But the story he's sticking to in regard to his innocence is plausible at the very least.  If a team wanted to sign him and deal with the collateral after doing the due diligence and believing him with a willingness to support him then they can go for it.  

I hope it's not the Angels.  

It isn't right now that's the problem.  It's if and when he were to reach the majors.  Then it would start all over again.  

There was talk of the Royals potentially trying to get him.  

Can you imagine him being on the mound at Yankee stadium or in Fenway?  

2 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Bra, he was 15, he could have easily been coerced at such a young age. 

My sister accused her husband of molesting their 7 year old daughter. My niece fell and scraped her knee, and then she asked her father to kiss her knee so it can feel better.

My niece then told her mom that "Daddy kissed her down there" and my sister called the police and claimed he kissed her daughter's vaginal area.  My sister knew it was on the knee but she wanted to punish her husband for not giving her money for marijuana.  He was in jail for several weeks before the judge threw the case out.  

Cute story eh?

Some women are psycho, and some police lie in order to get a confession.  It's not always as cut and dry as you think.

15 is no excuse, do not admit to molesting a child if you did not do it.When I was 15 I know I would NEVER admit to something like that.In your case they threw it out,in his case he pled guilty,what is so hard to understand.I'm not saying he did ,HE is by pleading guilty

6 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I'm an Old Testament man myself. But don't people have to confess or apologize for their sins to be forgiven?

The New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old Testament. I'm talking about us not judging, and us forgiving.  Whether he's forgiven by God is between him and God.

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

he was 15.  Did you read the entire story?  His attorney told him that he was likely to lose and that he should take the plea deal.  His parents agreed.  Are you telling me that most 15 year olds would have an understanding of this complex situation?  

I have no idea if he's innocent or guilty.  If he is guilty then he's not wired right and never will be.  But the story he's sticking to in regard to his innocence is plausible at the very least.  If a team wanted to sign him and deal with the collateral after doing the due diligence and believing him with a willingness to support him then they can go for it.  

It isn't right now that's the problem.  It's if and when he were to reach the majors.  Then it would start all over again.  

Yes, I read the story and have a while,did you read the part where the girl was 6 years old. I want to know why being 15 gives you a pass to do any thing you want.No team in their right mind will sign a convicted sex offender.

12 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Probably aren't a lot of people pleading guilty who are told by their lawyers they're likely to win their case. Sexual assault is one of the hardest things to prove. Probably easier with a 6 year old because they can't consent. But it's still really really hard. 

He may or may not have done this when he was a minor. Being a minor, this case should of been sealed. I do not know when the information of this case came out. But, if the information regarding this case came out while he was at Oregon State, see how his teammates and fans of the baseball program reacted to get a sense of how the public will react.

This is not a question about whether he is taking care of your child or children. More than likely a provision of his release says he cannot be with minor unless he is with another adult and must register as a sex offender.

This is a question about offering him a contract to play professional baseball. If he is offered a contract to play baseball, it will be up to Luke Heimlich to determine how he will do as a professional baseball player. He will have to go through the minor league like the rest of the players offered a contract to play baseball, but he will have the additional burden of dealing with this. 

i would give him the chance. He is an athlete. See if he can succeed as a professional baseball player.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

This, and like Doc said, if he did indeed do it he isn't wired right.    Then he needs to be locked up in a mental facility with SERIOUS counseling and treatment, for a long stay.     

2 hours ago, eaterfan said:

I'm an Old Testament man myself. But don't people have to confess or apologize for their sins to be forgiven?

Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins. That's it. 

re scotty:

Not sure why being a Christian means we should welcome this guy with open arms. I believe in Jesus too, but I won't go around welcoming this molesting pitcher to the team.

Edited by failos

7 minutes ago, failos said:

Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins. That's it. 

Not sure why being a Christian means we should welcome this guy with open arms. I believe in Jesus too, but I won't go around welcoming this molesting pitcher to the team.

I think that's what eater was trying to say.

oh, and I agree. 

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

15 is no excuse, do not admit to molesting a child if you did not do it.When I was 15 I know I would NEVER admit to something like that.In your case they threw it out,in his case he pled guilty,what is so hard to understand.I'm not saying he did ,HE is by pleading guilty

You are so full of shit. At fifteen you have your parents looking at lawyer fees up the ass, the Lawyer telling you you're going to lose which means say bye bye until you are 18 at a juvenile facility then you get bounced to the adult facility. You would be shitting your pants and be looking at a deal with no jail time and a sealed record. You would roll over for that and you are lying saying at 15 you'd stand your ground. Just flat out lying. 

People plea out every day without being guilty. Sometimes it's the only way to get out of that situation in one piece. This kid took the plea and no one was supposed to delve into his past and drag it out since it was supposed to be a sealed file. The courts fucked  up and a reporter decided on his own to burn the kid even though legally he wasn't supposed to have access to the case.

So quit the high and mighty shit. 

And before you say something fucking stupid that I support child molesters I'm going to tell you now this subject matter has zero tolerance in my life.