• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday 5/31 Angels @ Tigers

Eppler's infield additions have been busts and not adding anything to the pen was a mistake(RP market was admittedly weak though). Winning the Ohtani sweepstakes was monumental for the long-term outlook of this org though. Adding a talent like that for cheap should help somewhat offset the dead weight that Pujols contract takes up on the teams payroll. Farm is starting to bear fruit and there should be some reinforcements ready to contribute by next season. Things are trending in the right direction and this team may finally start being a legit contender every year moving forward

All that said, they got a lot of issues regarding this season and this roster. Still a lot of season left and the 2nd WC is still attainable, but IDK how they can remain in the race without adding 2 more relievers to the pen, one of them a bonafide closer. They need a ton of help offensively but it's doubtful they can patch up all the holes during the deadline. RF and 2B/3B(with Cozart moving to 2B) are the biggest issues, and so is the bench. They can likely find in-house options to replace Valbuena and Young respectively, but they'll need to navigate the trade market for RF help or 2B/3B help, depending on what's out there.

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Eppler's infield additions have been busts and not adding anything to the pen was a mistake(RP market was admittedly weak though). Winning the Ohtani sweepstakes was monumental for the long-term outlook of this org though. Adding a talent like that for cheap should help somewhat offset the dead weight that Pujols contract takes up on the teams payroll. Farm is starting to bear fruit and there should be some reinforcements ready to contribute by next season. Things are trending in the right direction and this team may finally start being a legit contender every year moving forward

All that said, they got a lot of issues regarding this season and this roster. Still a lot of season left and the 2nd WC is still attainable, but IDK how they can remain in the race without adding 2 more relievers to the pen, one of them a bonafide closer. They need a ton of help offensively but it's doubtful they can patch up all the holes during the deadline. RF and 2B/3B(with Cozart moving to 2B) are the biggest issues, and so is the bench. They can likely find in-house options to replace Valbuena and Young respectively, but they'll need to navigate the trade market for RF help or 2B/3B help, depending on what's out there.

304DB964-2FB3-4625-89EA-FF717ADEE57D.jpeg

It will be 2020 when they finally make the post-season.   No more Pujols starting by then, no more Calhoun starting by then, hopefully the starters can all make their normal number of starts by then, the bullpen hopefully will be a REAL ONE by then, and a new manager will understand better how to manage in today's MLB.

Again, credit to Sosh for a long career, but it's time to leave after 2018. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

It will be 2020 when they finally make the post-season.   No more Pujols starting by then, no more Calhoun starting by then, hopefully the starters can all make their normal number of starts by then, and the bullpen hopefully will be a REAL ONE by then. 

Depends If Sosh is still here. If he is, I guarantee you Pujols will still be batting 4th

why are people acting like 2020 is some magic year for Pujols to disappear? He'll still be under contract and isn't retiring 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

It will be 2020 when they finally make the post-season.   No more Pujols starting by then, no more Calhoun starting by then, hopefully the starters can all make their normal number of starts by then, and the bullpen hopefully will be a REAL ONE by then. 

I really hope Pujols isn't even on the roster by 2020 tbh. Not worth wasting a bench spot on a 1B only player with a sub .700 OPS who can't run

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

At what point does the fat man ever be held accountable for what’s on the field ? 

Seriously!? 

Team is on track to miss the playoffs fir the 8th time in 9 years. 

At this point, it's best to not even ask what ownership/the front office is doing with Sosh. They clearly don't know what they're doing

3 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

One bad postseason doesn't mean someone can't perform on the big stage.  Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend, don't forget that quote.

don't forget the wonderful quote by "W". Fool me once shame, shame on you...fool me twice, fool me you cant get fooled again!

george w bush GIF

Just now, JustATroutFan said:

One bad postseason doesn't mean someone can't perform on the big stage.  Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend, don't forget that quote.

Trout deserves to be playing on the big stage. He’s worked his butt off his entire baseball career to get there. He’ll get there but he’s not going to sit back and wait for the Angels to figure it out. The clock is ticking so I hope they hurry up and fix it soon. 

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

Team is on track to miss the playoffs fir the 8th time in 9 years. 

At this point, it's best to not even ask what ownership/the front office is doing with Sosh. They clearly don't know what they're doing

I agree. Its the same way I cant stand Scioscias management of crap players. I also don't like how the front office manages crap managers.

HOF...

pizza gerry GIF by TAXI Ad Agency

2 minutes ago, nando714 said:

At what point does the fat man ever be held accountable for what’s on the field ? 

Seriously!? 

The roster is a bag of dicks. That's why something different falls apart every game (offense, pitching, bullpen). 

I don't know what goes on in the clubhouse, but the manager's effect on the the game seems negligible in this situation.