• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/15/2018 Astros vs Angels (Trout at leadoff, Ohtani 2nd)

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ive never understood how Albert just stopped walking.  .281 OBP.  That is gross. 

Got robbed there tho. 

To me, there are two options that make sense. 1. He only cares about rbi, and you don't bat runs in with a walk. Or 2. He's going blind and guessing on every pitch. Frankly, both kinda make sense to me.

Just now, krAbs said:

To me, there are two options that make sense. 1. He only cares about rbi, and you don't bat runs in with a walk. Or 2. He's going blind and guessing on every pitch. Frankly, both kinda make sense to me.

It's because his bat speed has decreased. He no longer has the luxury of sitting on his pitch, so he has to make up his mind to swing a lot sooner.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Ive never understood how Albert just stopped walking.  .281 OBP.  That is gross. 

Got robbed there tho. 

His plate approach completely deteriorating since coming to Anaheim is the thing that baffles me the most and always will. His physical ability declining is obvious because he's older, but I don't get how you can just stop being good at recognizing balls/strikes etc. That shouldn't be something that diminishes with age. That's something thats innate to those who are good hitters in this league. I'd expect Trout to still be able to hit even as he gets older because of his elite strike zone awareness/pitch recognition skills.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

It's because his bat speed has decreased. He no longer has the luxury of sitting on his pitch, so he has to make up his mind to swing a lot sooner.

It seems like even from day 1 with us though he just didn’t really get on base as advertised.  I mean he was good.  But not the walk machine that he was.  Just seems strange that would go so quickly. 

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

His plate approach completely deteriorating since coming to Anaheim is the thing that baffles me the most and always will. His physical ability declining is obvious because he's older, but I don't get how you can just stop being good at recognizing balls/strikes etc. That shouldn't be something that diminishes with age. That's something thats innate to those who are good hitters in this league. I'd expect Trout to still be able to hit even as he gets older because of his elite strike zone awareness/pitch recognition skills.

Agree.