• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2 outta 3 in Seattle

Glen

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

So many people boo'd Ohtani when he was taken out of the game yesterday in the 7th inning. My daughter was like, why are they booing him dad, he's great.

I said, that's why. They're bitter because he chose the Angels over the Mariners. 

My daughter cannot stand the M's with a passion because of the shit she gets at school for wearing Angels merch, but after seeing them all sour over Trout and Ohtani at Safeco yesterday she told me of all the things she hates in the world, the Mariners are near the top of that list. 

Good girl. 

Chuck, you are a great father. I almost shed a tear.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I don't understand how Mariners fans became so prone to being butthurt. Must be the weather, combined with a the team's historic track record of failure.

I wouldn't blame the weather. It's really not that bad. It's obviously not southern california, but there are MANY worse places to live. Seattle itself is a beautiful city. 

Its the perennial bad ownership and bad decisions and bad seasons that have made us so butthurt. 

I wish I could chokeslam Bill Bavasi and Jack Zdurenzick through a table. Jury still out on Dipoto, but he has been keeping my rabidness at bay with the Haniger/Segura for Taijuan Walker trade. Dee Gordon has been a good trade too ... though he's been a little iffy in CF ... but has been great as a lead-off and on the bases.

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

Its honestly weird. I have never thought much about the Mariners, but I've been spending more time on the baseball subreddit, and they HATE us. Like, they view us as their huge rival who they are locked in an eternal feud with. Even before the Ohtani stuff went down, every Trout highlight, you would expect to find salty Mariners fans in the thread. Its really weird....

I always associate the Athletics as our main rival. I brutally hate Seattle for '95 but aside from that when the Angels have been decent it has always been Oakland standing in the way. And F*ck Texas... they are 1000+ miles away.

32 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And Dipussy too, if he ever made appearances on the field?  Admittedly, Gordon and Haniger trades have worked out well so far.   Will that last though?

And he's doing to your farm what he did to ours.

Eh, our farm has not been good for a while. Can't really decimate an already decimated farm.

1 minute ago, Ender said:

I wouldn't blame the weather. It's really not that bad. It's obviously not southern california, but there are MANY worse places to live. Seattle itself is a beautiful city. 

Its the perennial bad ownership and bad decisions and bad seasons that have made us so butthurt. 

I wish I could chokeslam Bill Bavasi and Jack Zdurenzick through a table. Jury still out on Dipoto, but he has been keeping my rabidness at bay with the Haniger/Segura for Taijuan Walker trade. 

I think I understand why M's fans hate us... you guys keep getting our least favorite hand-me-downs.

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

Its honestly weird. I have never thought much about the Mariners, but I've been spending more time on the baseball subreddit, and they HATE us. Like, they view us as their huge rival who they are locked in an eternal feud with. Even before the Ohtani stuff went down, every Trout highlight, you would expect to find salty Mariners fans in the thread. Its really weird....

Yes. The Mariners sub does hate the Angels. But they pretty much hate everyone due to all the general pessimism related to the past decade.

The whole F*ck Mike Trout thing is really just a meme at this point so I wouldn't take that too seriously. 

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think I understand why M's fans hate us... you guys keep getting our least favorite hand-me-downs.

Shrug. I don't hate anyone. It's just baseball.

My boss. Yeah I hate him.

And Chone Figgins. F*ck that guy.

16 minutes ago, Ender said:

I wish I could chokeslam Bill Bavasi and Jack Zdurenzick through a table. Jury still out on Dipoto, but he has been keeping my rabidness at bay with the Haniger/Segura for Taijuan Walker trade. Dee Gordon has been a good trade too ... though he's been a little iffy in CF ... but has been great as a lead-off and on the bases.

Gonna be real, you're going to end up hating Dipoto. 100% chance. He is awful at his job. Your best hope is that eventually he will leave your system, and the next person will be able to pick up the pieces - and if you're really lucky, he will take his devastation to a division rival so you can watch them go through what you did. That's the phase the Angels are in now.

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

Gonna be real, you're going to end up hating Dipoto. 100% chance. He is awful at his job. Your best hope is that eventually he will leave your system, and the next person will be able to pick up the pieces - and if you're really lucky, he will take his devastation to a division rival so you can watch them go through what you did. That's the phase the Angels are in now.

Shrug. Dipoto has really only done 2 things that have pissed me off so far. Trading Luiz Gohara for Drew Smyly (who then blew out his arm) and Tyler O'Neill for Marco Gonzales. Both of those trades involve prospects not yet in the MLB so I cannot really get as mad as I think I will be yet.

I guess I could be pissed for trading Chris Taylor to the Dodgers, but Chris Taylor really looked like SHIT when he played for us. No power and struck out a ton ... goes to the Dodgers and then puts together a 21 HR season after never hitting more than 7 his entire minor league career.

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Shrug. Dipoto has really only done 2 things that have pissed me off so far. Trading Luiz Gohara for Drew Smyly (who then blew out his arm) and Tyler O'Neill for Marco Gonzales. Both of those trades involve prospects not yet in the MLB so I cannot really get as mad as I think I will be yet.

I guess I could be pissed for trading Chris Taylor to the Dodgers, but Chris Taylor really looked like SHIT when he played for us. No power and struck out a ton ... goes to the Dodgers and then puts together a 21 HR season after never hitting more than 7 his entire minor league career.

Just wait until there's another draft or two under his belt with the Mariners. He has an obsession with taking high-floor, low-ceiling types. He considers it a success if he drafts a backup catcher in the first round.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Just wait until there's another draft or two under his belt with the Mariners. He has an obsession with taking high-floor, low-ceiling types. He considers it a success if he drafts a backup catcher in the first round.

Have to wait and see there too. He's only had 2 drafts and his picks have been decent. Kyle Lewis looked like a steal and a upcoming star until his knee literally exploded. Dunno about Evan White ... glove first (albeit godly glove), first baseman. Those are his 1st round picks so far.

7 hours ago, krAbs said:

e8b0176498e449698b075eb4dc0c3b35.jpg

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

My daughter cannot stand the M's with a passion because of the shit she gets at school for wearing Angels merch, but after seeing them all sour over Trout and Ohtani at Safeco yesterday she told me of all the things she hates in the world, the Mariners are near the top of that list. 

Good work, Chuck.

Next up:usc 

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

So many people boo'd Ohtani when he was taken out of the game yesterday in the 7th inning. My daughter was like, why are they booing him dad, he's great.

I said, that's why. They're bitter because he chose the Angels over the Mariners. 

Good girl. 

Keep up the good work.