• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (5/4/2018) Ohtani at DH again

Just now, TroutField said:

I mean I cried the other day when they took our Trop at 88 pitches, if they are deciding to have a strict pitch count then so be it. I guess I need to trust the process. 

Regardless this is one of the best outings of the year for one of our pitchers. 

Just now, TroutField said:

I mean I cried the other day when they took our Trop at 88 pitches, if they are deciding to have a strict pitch count then so be it. I guess I need to trust the process. 

I never watch post game stuff but what has Scioscia said about it?

Just now, Kylegstrange said:

So Anderson is in and let's say he gets the next batter. Then sciocia will pull him for another pitcher. Stretching our bullpen further

Well if he only pitches to one batter he will be fresh for tomorrow.  

It's May.  Richards pitched only a handful of games last year.  We need him healthy and functional come September/October.  Pulling him with a mid-80s pitch count is just fine.  Especially with one the Mariners' best hitters coming up in a close game.  Worked out nicely.

Pretty amazing to me that they called up Justin Anderson who nobody knew about (even most of us here who hang out in the minor league thread) and Scioscia is using him In the highest leverage situations. This is just so bizarre to me, I’m not complaining he has been a god send to this bullpen 

Just now, Warfarin said:

It's May.  Richards pitched only a handful of games last year.  We need him healthy and functional come September/October.  Pulling him with a mid-80s pitch count is just fine.  Especially with one the Mariners' best hitters coming up in a close game.  Worked out nicely.

Exactly.

Nobody can fault Scioscia on this one. It's reasonable caution given Richard's troubling injury history.