• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Orioles (5/2/2018)

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

So, who should have come into the game when it was 10-2?  I think Parades is the perfect choice.  The idea of pulling him after two batters is silly.  Getting someone up in a game like that is a waste as well.  95 times out of 100, Parades is closing that game out without giving up 5 runs.  

Anyway, time to give up on him.

Better to find out now than later on.

6 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

So, who should have come into the game when it was 10-2?  I think Parades is the perfect choice.  The idea of pulling him after two batters is silly.  Getting someone up in a game like that is a waste as well.  95 times out of 100, Parades is closing that game out without giving up 5 runs.  

You're right. Someone like parades is the guy you bring in in a situation like that. Sure 95 out of 100 times he gets those outs. I want scioscia to coach like this is September and we're chasing the astros by 2 games. These games mean just as much now as they do then. You guys act like I'm blaming scioscia just to be an asshole. I've said the same thing over and over again. Comments other people on here make like "oh here we go again" "designated for assignment"...etc. that ultimately is the same thing I see. I am directing that at the person in charge. The person who's job it is to make the decision to change the outcome. If you want to assume I'm trolling great, but I'm a fan doing something no different than you. I'm responding to what I see night in and night out. Blaming the "shitty players" gets really old from my perspective. At some point the person in charge should stop the process from occurring 

55 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

You're right. Someone like parades is the guy you bring in in a situation like that. Sure 95 out of 100 times he gets those outs. I want scioscia to coach like this is September and we're chasing the astros by 2 games. These games mean just as much now as they do then. You guys act like I'm blaming scioscia just to be an asshole. I've said the same thing over and over again. Comments other people on here make like "oh here we go again" "designated for assignment"...etc. that ultimately is the same thing I see. I am directing that at the person in charge. The person who's job it is to make the decision to change the outcome. If you want to assume I'm trolling great, but I'm a fan doing something no different than you. I'm responding to what I see night in and night out. Blaming the "shitty players" gets really old from my perspective. At some point the person in charge should stop the process from occurring 

They won and it cost us two thirds of an inning from one of our standard relievers.   I would hope this is exactly how he’d manage a 10-2 game in September.  

3 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

They won and it cost us two thirds of an inning from one of our standard relievers.   I would hope this is exactly how he’d manage a 10-2 game in September.  

I will give credit to scioscia as this was a loss in the past. He's getting quicker with his hooks. I want to see them faster 

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I will give credit to scioscia as this was a loss in the past. He's getting quicker with his hooks. I want to see them faster 

Ok show me a game where in the past a Scioscia managed team gave up 9 runs in the 9th to lose.   If you find that game, since this “game was a loss in the past”, I will never quote you again.  

9 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Ok show me a game where in the past a Scioscia managed team gave up 9 runs in the 9th to lose.   If you find that game, since this “game was a loss in the past”, I will never quote you again.  

The amount of runs is irrelevant. Non save situations where there is no sense of urgency. Winnable games in April and May  that seem meaningless, are games that we should win. You argue for the sake of arguing, I have no interest in it. If you feel the need to comment every time I say something then that is your perogituve. I personally do not find the repetitive babble you regurgitate on here insightful at all. You ask hypothetical questions that serve no actual purpose. The rest of the time you paste statistics and manipulate things to fit your narrative. It's actually pretty funny how much you think you know

30 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

just a related note, but I attended a game some years ago where Scioscia left Lackey out there to give up five or six runs before even getting somebody up in the bullpen. It wasn't the 9th inning though. We lost that game of course. On another occasion he did lift Shields who couldn't get anybody out in the 9th where we had like a four-run lead, then brought Frankie in who loaded the bases with two outs, then threw three straight balls with the tying run on third. He then proceeded to throw three straight strikes and that was the game. Unbelievable tension that night. I think it was against Seattle. I should have bookmarked these box scores. Two of the most memorable games I've ever been too, for different reasons.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I went to bed early since it was a blowout. Sounds like the blow pen made it interesting. My blood pressure is thankful I missed it

lol same here, woke up this morning and, WTF.  So much for Paredes being the answer. 

54 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I agree with this but with the talent he has in the pen it doesn’t really matter who’s pitching. There isn’t a single reliever that i would be confident in to slam the door shut in an important game. Scioscia can only work with what he’s given

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree with this but with the talent he has in the pen it doesn’t really matter who’s pitching. There isn’t a single reliever that i would be confident in to slam the door shut in an important game. Scioscia can only work with what he’s given

I agree to an extent with this notion. However, that is the narrative every season. Other teams go through the same struggles yet manage to find a way to close out games consistently. There are only a handful of teams with shut down closers and even year to year that's subject to change.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I agree to an extent with this notion. However, that is the narrative every season. Other teams go through the same struggles yet manage to find a way to close out games consistently. There are only a handful of teams with shut down closers and even year to year that's subject to change.

Great relief arms are a rare find but other teams do have them. Unfortunately for the Halos they haven’t had any in recent years. At one time it looked like Bedrosian was going to be that guy but that didn’t happen. The Angels believed that too but their assessment of him was way off. They have to find another guy to fill that role now. 

Just now, Jason said:

Great relief arms are a rare find but other teams do have them. Unfortunately for the Halos they haven’t had any in recent years. At one time it looked like Bedrosian was going to be that guy but that didn’t happen. The Angels believed that too but their assessment of him was way off. They have to find another guy to fill that role now. 

Jim Johnson has 176 career saves. Nothing to lose by going with him for a bit. Experience still counts for something.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

That is my point exactly. Do you think every team has a concrete 7th, 8th and 9th inning reliever? Scioscia has to be able to figure it out. If he can't, how does that make him any different from you and I? Are you telling me you couldn't go in there and just find the freshest arm on a clipboard and bring that guy in? Oh look we have a lefty coming up, lets bring in the lefty to face this guy! I understand scouting reports, I understand situational pitching. You have to be able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit if you are a major league manager.

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Jim Johnson has 176 career saves. Nothing to lose by going with him for a bit. Experience still counts for something.

I agree 1000%. He hasn't given you a reason to doubt him, once he does then you will need to make a move for an arm. He came into the season with the most saves by a reliever on the team and yet he wasn't even the 2nd 3rd or 4th option to lock down games. That's head scratching even from the most casual fans perspective.

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

It's best to drop the argument because  it looks stupid.

We have our best record on May 2nd that I can remember.

We are up 10-2

We won by 3

And you complaining that these games should mean something.....lol

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

The amount of runs is irrelevant. Non save situations where there is no sense of urgency. Winnable games in April and May  that seem meaningless, are games that we should win. You argue for the sake of arguing, I have no interest in it. If you feel the need to comment every time I say something then that is your perogituve. I personally do not find the repetitive babble you regurgitate on here insightful at all. You ask hypothetical questions that serve no actual purpose. The rest of the time you paste statistics and manipulate things to fit your narrative. It's actually pretty funny how much you think you know

We won the F'n. Game!  Drop it

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

It's best to drop the argument because  it looks stupid.

We have our best record on May 2nd that I can remember.

We are up 10-2

We won by 3

And you complaining that these games should mean something.....lol

Your responses are just as irrelevant to me as mine are to you. What makes you any different? Your opinion is that everything is roses, mine is the opposite. Why don't you and strad go snuggle up with your hate for my opinions. I promise I wont do the same.