• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Orioles (5/1/2018) Ohtani is BACK!!

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

I might go to Thursday depending on Albert.

Tickets are way more expensive for Thursday. I don't know if it's because of the poncho giveaway, or because people think Ohtani's pitching (even though he isn't).

Fernandez must be terrible defensively or something to warrant him getting A. released despite hitting well at AA and B. not being on the radar to be called up now despite once again hitting. He's obviously not thirty but seriously look at his minor league stats, 

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=628336#/career/R/hitting/2018/ALL

good walk rate, strikeout rate, power, average

I'm 100% making a guess based on nothing but "a leads to b leads to c" rational but he's most likely a DH/1B type and a middle infielder the same way Alex Guerrero was a "SS" for the Doyers. Otherwise I don't know how he got released by one of the smartest/well run organizations and is basically rotting away in the minors when it seems like he's hit like a semi beast in the minors for two teams.

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

That is bothering me about Valbueno.  The only reason why his low average was tolerable because he OBP was always high.  I usually support staying for a while with a player to see if he can put it together.   However I dont see Valbuenos upside worth the long leash.  We have Fernandez who can replace him, plus we also have Carter but I believe Carter bats right handed.

Valbuena had an OBP of .294 last season

.313 for his career. 

"always high"

I was almost going to make a thread about this, but there's not much more to say other than the numbers.

Trout, last 12 games: .371 BA, .476 OBP

The rest of the team, last 12 games: .155 BA, .208 OBP

I think I got those numbers right, but feel free to correct me if I didn't.

44 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Valbuena had an OBP of .294 last season

.313 for his career. 

"always high"

I guess high for his average and he had power.  Regardless my point is that I dont see the benefit in letting him work it out v bringing up Carter or Fernandez 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Way to go Kinsler.  Way to make this guy work.  

I swear some of these guys should get fined for swinging at the 1st pitch more then once w/o getting a hit. 

Trouts first pitch was a fast ball down the heart of the plate ... nice to see him not swinging at first pitch 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

Wash, rinse, repeat.... same dead looking hitters as the last series. Kinsler needs to be dropped from leaf off, we need to try Cozart there

Kinsler was signed to be a lead off guy so that won’t change this season unless he’s injured