• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Orioles (5/1/2018) Ohtani is BACK!!

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Does Alex Cobb continue to suck, and help rejuvenate the Halos offense?

Or does he pitch 6 innings and allow just 2 or 3 runs, as the Halos offense continues to suck putridly?

Time for Kinsler, Upton, Valnobuena, and Cold Calhoun to WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three of the FA pitchers a lot of us wanted in the offseason are off to shitty starts, including Cobb. 

Darvish: 5.26 ERA, 1.44 WHIP
Cobb: 13.11 ERA, 2.83 WHIP
Lynn: 8.37 ERA, 2.11 WHIP

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Three of the FA pitchers a lot of us wanted in the offseason are off to shitty starts, including Cobb. 

Darvish: 5.26 ERA, 1.44 WHIP
Cobb: 13.11 ERA, 2.83 WHIP
Lynn: 8.37 ERA, 2.11 WHIP

Darvish is showing signs of improvement, and will likely continue to.

The other two? Who knows.

22 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Dude come on, Cozart was waking up and we put in Valbuena? What the actual F*ck.

Calhoun is still in there too. Makes sense right? Ya, i'm sure Mike has his reasons for this...just like all of the other idiotic moves he makes.

Chris Young and his .148 batting average against a right handler or Kole Calhoun and his .172 batting average against a right handler.  Yea those choices are tough.  I guess I would go with the left hander with more of a track record.  It isn’t like he is benching an actual talent in favor of Kole.  

Edited by SuperTroopers

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

Chris Young and his .148 batting average against a right handler or Kole Calhoun and his .178 batting average against a right handler.  Yea those choices are tough.  I guess I would go with the left hander with more of a track record.  It isn’t like he is benching an actual talent in favor of Kole.  

So the very obvious move of sending the left hander who can't hit righties or lefties down to the minors to work on some things or turn some pages makes complete sense. If that can't be done since I have literally no knowledge of the way that works, then adios buddy. We have Jeff Mathis in right field and its killing us. You can't tell me that some random left handed hitter in the minors can't do what Calhoun is doing?

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

So the very obvious move of sending the left hander who can't hit righties or lefties down to the minors to work on some things or turn some pages makes complete sense. If that can't be done since I have literally no knowledge of the way that works, then adios buddy. We have Jeff Mathis in right field and its killing us. You can't tell me that some random left handed hitter in the minors can't do what Calhoun is doing?

I can tell you that they can send Kole to the minors for about 3 more weeks after that he is out of options.  I guess they could call up Blash and since Eppler isn’t afraid to shake things up, the fact that this hasn’t happened yet tells me they don’t think he is as good as his stats down there.  Blash has a career .200 batting average, not sure that is the solution.  If you want to call up one of the guys that we are familiar with Revere or Young Jr, it means releasing someone on the 40 man roster.  Also the idea of Revere and his “arm” playing RF doesn’t sound appealing to me.  I guess what I am saying is the upside of Kole in my mind is better than the reality of his possible replacements.  Now if we want to trade for a proven guy that is actually doing something right now, sing me up.  As long as he doesn’t field like Krhis Davis, I will be happy.  You will read this as I think Scioscia is doing the right thing, I don’t think he is with Valbuena, but with Kole, I do think the right thing to do is see if he comes out of his slump.  If he doesn’t by June, starting looking to make a trade.  Our minor league outfield talent is still a year or two away.