• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Skankees (4/29/2018) No Ohtani

Chuck

Just now, fan_since79 said:

I thought someone said he should have a fastball planted in his ear. Maybe I misread that. My phone's acting up.

I said that, but I say that as kind of a figure of speech for "he should have been drilled". I don't actually want anyone to throw at his head. Definitely below the neck though

Well, while we have played Cleveland, Boston, and the Yankees, (the Sox and Yanks both in the middle of huge winning streaks). The Astros have played Baltimore, San Diego, Twins, and White Sox. That's about to change next month they play the Yankees(4), Arizona(3), Indians(3), Giants(2), Cleveland(3), Yankees(3), Boston(3).

Our schedule gets quite a bit easier next month, and by June 1 we should have a better idea about our chances to hold our own in the division.

look we had a chance to win 2 out of the 3 games. Game one we were 3 outs away and game 3 we were 1 hit away from winning.

look at the positives:

Other than Richards, our pitching is showning up, as a matter of fact since the houstan series, we are pitching much better.

2. Bedrock is returning back to form. With the emergence of Anderson and Middleton our back of the BP looks better.

Now we need the Starters to give us innings and the Offense to return and by the next time we meet the yanks and sox again we are going to be a different team!!!

22 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Well while we have played Cleveland, Boston, and the Yankees. The Sox and Yanks both in the middle of huge winning streaks, the Astros have played Baltimore, San Diego, Twins, and White Sox. That's about to change next month they play Yankees(3), Arizona(3), Indians(3), Giants(2), Cleveland(3), Yankees(3), Boston(3).

Our schedule gets quite a bit easier next month, and by June 1 we should have a better idea about our chances to hold our own in the division.

Difficult to determine how much easier our schedule is in May. The rays are playing well. Are the twins really as bad as they have been? What about the Mariners, are they for real? And we play the Yankees again. As well as the Astros. As well as the Rockies and the Blue Jays. It's no walk in the park, I don't think. Seems that the only pushovers are the Orioles and the Tigers. Maybe the twins, too.

16 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Difficult to determine how much easier are schedule is in May. The rays are playing well. Are the twins really as bad as they have been? What about the Mariners, are they for real? And we play the Yankees again. As well as the Astros. As well as the Rockies and the Blue Jays. It's no walk in the park, I don't think.

I left out the games within our division because the Astros and the Angels both play about the same teams in the division. I comparing our schedule to the Astros schedule in May. Our schedule is much easier than theirs. The haven't played any one over 500 out of the division yet. That ends in May.

Yes we play the Yanks 3 games at the end of the May, but the Astros play them 7 times. I would rather play TB and the Twins compared 4 more games with the Yankees, Cleveland twice, Dbacks, SF, or Boston. I said our schedule is easier than it was in April and easier than the Astros'. If we can't make up ground in May then we are in trouble going forward. This may be the easiest month for us compared to the Astros all year.

Seattle has an even easier May schedule than us but June will be their toughest month.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Geez, Kirk Gibson can come up barely walking but ohtani has a slightly tweaked ankle that will apparently allow him to pitch on Thursday. Give me a break! He should be pinch-hitting here.

Gibson was also a WS game.   This is April